Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Rough Country 6" Lift

Old 02-25-2019, 12:21 AM
Beginning Member
plcrides is on a distinguished road

haha thats cool i was just picking,ive been lucky to have never had to add oil in a vehicle before and i sure hope i dont if i find a blazer.my moms rav 4 leaks oil and she has to add quarts left and right,i put some lucas stuff in it the other day,some people say do some dont,i really dont care so i tried it,its pretty thick stuff man.oh my truck leaked from the steering gear box so replaced it and man does it steer better now haha plus i replace the rag joint,that was a pain getting those big rivots out but it worked.yay me.lol dont mean to high jack your thread.yikes

Old 06-03-2019, 09:57 AM
Starting Member
Laura Mason is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Timmins_Jimmy View Post
But no option for 2door?
That's what my issue has been... I was fooled into thinking the 6" would work... Now ppl tell me to swap the axles but I don't like the cherokee suspensions... Any other Chevy axles fit do ya know?

Old 06-03-2019, 01:25 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Laura Mason View Post
That's what my issue has been... I was fooled into thinking the 6" would work... Now ppl tell me to swap the axles but I don't like the cherokee suspensions... Any other Chevy axles fit do ya know?
All the chevy axles I know of will be passenger side drop for the differential, our trucks need driver side drop. I'm not a fan or Cherokee alxes, either, if I'm doing all the work of a SAS, I want at least D44 level of strength.

80+ jeep wagoneers have front and rear D44s that are the right width. I'm planning on eventually finding a set of tons, and not caring how far the wheels stick out, Texas doesn't have any laws regarding fender coverage