Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

the snow is finally here

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Beginning Member
runnin blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the snow is finally here

and no i didnt bring a camera theres no screen to mine.
so today i finally grew the ***** to go to a little trail thats right by my girlfriends school.
its been snowing pretty good and i thought that i would have a little fun. and i did. minus the part when a lifted ranger drove right around me slinging snow in my face. lol.
anyway, the snow was about 6 inches deep ( yah i know not a lot) but it was still fun.
it was my first time using the 4wd in my blazer and it was the first time going off the road.
i only got stuck once and the ranger, who ended up being a kid i graduated from high school with pulled me out. next time i go wish might be this weekend ill take the gf's camera and take some pics.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:08 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: the snow is finally here

Love snow.

Sounds like you had a blast.

Can't wait to see some pics.

I moved to Indy about 4 years ago from MN. I miss the snow. It only snows a little here. I had a little tracker with 245/75/15s on it and loved it.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, i had fun in the snow too. I managed to put my truck in a ditch twice last night and twice this morning, 4 wheel drive works well considering that i got out just fine. I had to pull my friend's z71 out of the ditch this after noon, oh what fun.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:24 AM
jaimenote is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoo-ha!

I did some 4-wheel'n up at Tahoe, CAa couple of times in snowthat reachedmy front bumper. It was too much fun!

I'm thinking of giving my gray 2000 4WD 2DR to my 23 year old as a college car and going after a red 2005ZR2 I saw for sale recently; I don't know if he wants it though. I know he has said that he would like a Kawasaki KLR 650. I'd feel better though if he had a car.

If I bought the '05 I could install a nice full 2-DIN receiver/navigational system because the dash bezel on the newer model has a larger stereo cavity for a bigger unit. My '00 can only accomodate a 1.5 DIN device. I love how the ZR2's look too; very sturdy and sexy-cool. They're a fewinchestaller too!

Jaime

Old 12-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Beginning Member

well tomorrow it's supposed to snow another 4-6 inches. hopefully itll be a good 6 or 7.
if there's a good amount of snow i will be going off roading again. same place but ill have some help this time. im going with some buddies who have never been on this trail and they all have winches and lifts. (im sad cause i dont have anything, im stock. lol) its a flat trail with some obsticals to go around and stuff like that. but we'll see what the night and morning brings us.
this time ill take some pics if we go.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:15 PM
g4mbl3 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds fun, too bad i know of no nice flat trails, and only have a giant swamp near me. i just want some nice fun off-road flat trails, like old telephone line roads, but alas none around me that i know of :S

still looking though, and ill be waiting for these pics haha. cant wait to see!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Beginning Member

well heres the problem im not going anymore. my friend matt popped both his rear tires on his ranger last night and his friend eric snapped his rear end off roading. so no luck sorry guys. keep the thread alive though im going rele rele soon!!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: jaimenote

Whoo-ha!

I did some 4-wheel'n up at Tahoe, CAa couple of times in snowthat reachedmy front bumper. It was too much fun!

I'm thinking of giving my gray 2000 4WD 2DR to my 23 year old as a college car and going after a red 2005ZR2 I saw for sale recently; I don't know if he wants it though. I know he has said that he would like a Kawasaki KLR 650. I'd feel better though if he had a car.

If I bought the '05 I could install a nice full 2-DIN receiver/navigational system because the dash bezel on the newer model has a larger stereo cavity for a bigger unit. My '00 can only accomodate a 1.5 DIN device. I love how the ZR2's look too; very sturdy and sexy-cool. They're a fewinchestaller too!

Jaime
Just wanted to let you know you can fit a double din in your 1.5in opening. You just need a 2003+ (I believe) bash bezel that has the wider opening then make a bracket from one of the kits. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f26/ho...ersion-357575/ Hope that helps

On another note we are still waiting for snow here on long island. I might have to drive upstate to have some fun.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

got about 3 inches last night on top of the in or so from earlier this week. Got to my school parking lot early and didsome donuts. Question: is it illegal to do donuts in a parking lot? I live in MN. if it that sucks big time.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member

its illegal to do donuts anywhere my friend.

Quick Reply: the snow is finally here