Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

thought i killed my truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thought i killed my truck

took the day off and was supposed to take my little girl fishing until she decided she didnt want to go. so i decided to go by myself. so im driving down a washed out muddy road farm road to a fishing hole and steer for a really deep spot. well half way through my truck totally dies. sitting there for a min wondering what got wet and trying to get her to start when i start smelling burning electrical. after cursing and smackin my truck a bit i turn around and see smoke pouring from behind my rear seat. i dive over the back seat and yank the wires from my amp which are burnin hot by now lol. turns out my ground came loose and fused to the positive. so im sitting in a huge mud pit praying my truck starts and boom away she goes lol. so long story short all you nice guys on here that worked so hard to help me get that amp goin i messed up all your effort lol

Old 08-23-2010, 02:20 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Funny they fused AS you were going through the mud hole.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:34 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oktain
Funny they fused AS you were going through the mud hole.
Thats usualy how it works

Old 08-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Starting Member

ya i guess thats what happens when you dont strap the sub and amp down lol i got luckt though the fuses in the amp blew but replaced em and its workin fine. strapped er down of course lol

Old 08-23-2010, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol that hasn't happened to me yet

Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
lol that hasn't happened to me yet

Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'd like to know what you used for the end of your ground wire, that it got yanked off so easily?

just asking, 'cause i always solder everything.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:16 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

Ha I had a problem similar to this. I ran a 4awg wire from the battery to my amp along the passengers side, it goes up under the rear seat a little. Well, one day there was a girl sitting there that, uh, wasn't exactly small. =P Just driving down the road and all of a sudden all the electrical cut off. Scared the crap out of me. Turns out the wire got pinched in the seat and shorted.

Moral of the story: Breakers are better than fuses. =]

Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

My buddy has a "NoFatchicks" sticker on his back window lmao... maybe that's why.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Starting Member

lol maybe i should invest in one of those stickers. im not using anything on the end, maybe thats the problem lol im a welder so i took some old welding cable from my shop an used that for my power and ground an just skinned the ends and put them to the amp. should be ok now that the amp isnt bouncing all over the truck lol

Quick Reply: thought i killed my truck