Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

What should i do

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Beginning Member
bigguy8786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What should i do

I have a '00 4 door 4wd blazer and i was wondering what the best way to lift it without spending a heck of alot of money. I know some stuff about cars but i am sure not an expert. Iwould like to put 31's on it but i do not know the best way to lift it. I've had some people tell me that it won't look good lifted or that it is hard to do because it has indepent front suspenion. Any advice would be great.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What should i do

If you're looking for cheap, go with a body lift. You'll be able to fit 31's with that and a slight torsion bar tweak.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Beginning Member
bigguy8786 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah that is what i have been thinking about doing ever since i bought it. i'm not exactly looking for the cheapest way out but i am still in college with other bills to pay so i can't afford to spend thousands of dollars. i've heard from some of my friends that a body lift can mess up other parts over time do you know of anything like this happening

Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't heard of a body lift messing up things over time as long as it's installed correctly. I pan on putting one on mine when I need to replace my tires. Suspension lifts are big bucksdue to the IFS. So when I say cheapest, I mean most economical I know what you mean about a tight budget. I got a 2 year old daughter and twins on the way.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
barsy07 is an unknown quantity at this point

go suspension if you can. the benifits will be more than ground clearance.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Goat is an unknown quantity at this point

What about slight body trimming? If you used something like bushwacker cut out flares, that might work and it would leave all the other parts alone. Plus i think it gives it a more mean look. Not sure if that helps

Old 03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

It's not the body lift itself that causes problems... it's excessive cranking of the t-bar... it buggers all the angles for the front suspension and drive axles, and makes them grenade a lot easier and sooner

Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Blazin96 is an unknown quantity at this point

your correct about the grenade effect, i put a 2" body lift (if you goto the 3" you have to do some extending of harnesses and linkage)by performance accessoreis on my 96 4 door in 4 hours in the garage on the floor with 1 crapsman jack and some stands. I believe it cost me 130$ shipped, best mod ever, fit the 31" Bfg A/T's beautifully and makes the truck look a hell of alot beefier. Cranking the torsion bar should only be done to level out the truck and an alignment should follow there after. I think there is a shankle kit that will give you 1.5" in the rear by Daystar. not sure tho.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:49 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why, however the 2" body lifts for the '00 S10-Blazers is $300. On the older style trucks you can get a 2" for about $100.

31" tires give you 1/2" more ground clearance then 30" tires. 30" tires fit on a stock rig.Is it worth $400 ($100 for gap guards)for a 1/2" of ground clearance. Not where I wheel.

I would rather install a locker in the rear axle with the $400. It will get me to more places then 1/2" of ground clearance.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Matty Kling is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: barsy07

go suspension if you can. the benifits will be more than ground clearance.
I would do a suspension lift for my 2000 Blazer, but all I can fins is a freakin' 6" suspension lift.... I can't put a 6" lift on my blaze - it's my daily driver... I can't find a 2" suspension lift anywhere...

Quick Reply: What should i do