Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

whats the best lift kit and tires avail

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pj5454302
ok Im going to get a bunch of flack for this but heres what I did. Shackles and air shocks in the rear with a onboard compressor rear, lift 2-5 inches of lift Ebay tbar keys and balljoint flip front, 3inches of lift. I also have a 2inch bl.
Now I wheel my truck hard regularly and its daily driven. That being said I knew when I put the keys in my balljoints and cv's would wear faster. I already replace balljoints and idler arm yearly( not a problem got lifetime warranty parts) and as for cv joints replaced both..... 2 years ago (also lifetime warranty) Yes the angles are steep but its not like they are blowing apart every 3 months.

So moral of my long story is that If you dont mind doing a front end rebuild once a year than do what I did. if not get the rc kit and go to town.
There's nothing wrong with taking PJ's method, as long as you're aware of the extra strain you're putting on parts. If you're ok with that road then go to town. Lots of us go with just the tbar lift to varying degrees rather than purchasing a suspension lift.