Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

worst stuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough
Default RE: worst stuck

I just bought my Blazer a month ago, and I'm not sure that I intend to take it to some of the places that I see pics of, but I have had it stuck twice in some serious snow drifts. That's why I bought a 4x4. Should I have tried to go through a snow drift two feet deep and 30 feet long? Probably not, but I made it 26 feet through. I know I wouldn't have made it that far in my Honda. Besides, that's why you have friends with 4x4s.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:03 PM
SSBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

[/quote]

That's why ya never clean it...every time I see some one wandering around covered in mud..I'm like...hey...where were you? where'd ya go? I wanna go....mud improves the look of any truck!

[/quote]

The same can be said for rubber on the rear fenders

Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: El_Beautor

I just bought my Blazer a month ago, and I'm not sure that I intend to take it to some of the places that I see pics of, but I have had it stuck twice in some serious snow drifts. That's why I bought a 4x4. Should I have tried to go through a snow drift two feet deep and 30 feet long? Probably not, but I made it 26 feet through. I know I wouldn't have made it that far in my Honda. Besides, that's why you have friends with 4x4s.

Probably would've made it, depending on the tires you're using

Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
93fullsize is an unknown quantity at this point

you would go through water like that to say you have done it

Old 12-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Beginning Member
TimmiT is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 93fullsize

you would go through water like that to say you have done it
You mean like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr8eEWyKQHM&NR=1

Old 12-18-2008, 12:19 AM
mudslinger88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can probably top it. This past summer was pretty wild for me and my buddies. Mud, women and alcohol was on our mind pretty much anytime we weren't working or sleeping.

So one night me and my buddy get the bright idea we're gonna hit some mud in his Tacoma on 33's. Arguably the most pulling truck I had ever rode in. And I myself have a z71 on 35's.
So we load up the regular cab with 5 people and hit a few holes that only we knew about off in a trail we somehow ventured into behind wal mart (How we figured out there was a trail and field back there I have no idea)
We hit a hole that we assumed was just a water hole. Wrong. We hit rock bottom and had mud halfway up the doors with water coming in. Our first instinct is to call my buddy up in his jacked up tahoe. It's a beast so no problem right? 5 Very heavy snatches later the chain snaps and breaks out 3 of his windows and hits him in the head. And the truck hadn't moved a damn inch. 3-4 Hours later at the hospital and we are back to our problem of being stuck and it is going on 4am.
So we head over to my buddys house and I know he is sleeping but we need his z71. We send 2 of the girls up to bang on his door since we figure they have a lesser chance of being shot.

2 Hours later and ****** after ******, a back glass, 2 side windows, 2 bent hitches, tons of stitches and 30-40$ at the car wash we were out.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:19 AM
g4mbl3 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol that sounds intense. and this is the reason i prefer straps over chains for recovery. hows your buddy? and got any pics of that night?

Old 12-18-2008, 05:36 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Indeed... Using chains on anything other than a winch is daft.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:29 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

this was funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEkdIFB15Bk

Old 12-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

had a ford Ranger XLT 4x4 on 35s when I was stationed at Bragg in 89.
I sank it in a Tank trail/Stream crossing, we tried multiple "Jerk and ******" pulls with other 4x4s. I finally I had to go get an M88 (Tracked recovery vehicle) to get it out.
Yes, I used a Compression bar to keep from pulling the frame into a point.

when she came out... there was such an intense sucking sound that everyone around started laughing.

and for this guy...
ORIGINAL: prozach1988

some people are just idiots, why would you go through water like that??
I will not resort to names, or insults. but I will answer your question.

we go through swamps, lakes, puddles, streams and washes in our trucks for the same reasons that people climb mountains and then Rappel, base jump, snowboard or ski off of it. we climb boulders, ravines and sheer mountain faces in our truck and jeeps for the same reasons people bungi jump and skydive or run a motorcycle to 200MPH (Closed course, trained etc for liability reasons).

Its there, its fun and we can.

I honestly pity anyone that would even fail to grasp the reasoning why people do things like this.
are you really so lock-stepped that you have no hobbies outside of "must-see TV"? is going to Wal-Mart the most exciting thing you do every week?

even as much as I mock the pavement posers... its their choice, its their truck and their money and time... its their hobby and idea of fun.

Until you have run through a water-hole in a truck that most people would only consider fishing in, please don't knock it.

Quick Reply: worst stuck