Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

1986 K5 Blazer lock cylinder rear window crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Beginning Member
mjsk5blazer is on a distinguished road
Default 1986 K5 Blazer lock cylinder rear window crank

Full size............
Anyone know how to remove the lock cylinder from the rear window manaul crank unit. i have it apart and for the life of me cant remember hopw to remove the lock cylinder. it does have a key and after 30 minutes i got it working freely again...........(bought from salvage yard and has been sitting atleast 20 years.LOL)...
any one know how to remove this.......

Thank you for any help.........

Mj

Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a spring loaded pawl inside. You first have to remove the snap ring that holds the regulator clutch onto the crank handle. Then, carefully remove the regulator clutch (the part that actually drives the window regulator). Once that is off, the pawl will be able to be rotated out of place by turning the cylinder. Once the spring and pawl are out, the cylinder can be pulled out.

This page of the LMC catalog shows the parts I'm talking about.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Beginning Member
mjsk5blazer is on a distinguished road

Thank You! except i had to push the pawl in all the way ( i removed the spring first) I then turned the key 1/8th passed the lock position and it fell right apart.........
put the spring back on the pawl inserted the the lock cylinder almost fully seated. and pushed the pawl and turned the key in one quick motion and it works!!

Thank you so much. been a few years since i messed with these.

Been 6 years since this has locked..... (didnt have a lock cylinder when i bought the blazer) just a crank handle with a bolt jammed in it!

I'll post pics of this restoration project after while.........before the surgery on my hand i had gotten the blazer 80% done............and now wont be able to handle the tough jobs on it now like drill out the old 1/4 panel and install the new one so i have a friend thats gona help me out on that part..........alteast i was able to get the floor all welded up and got the new (used) interior in.........i have some videos of it if you would like to watch on youtube........plus my other hobby....