Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

1997 debadging

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough
Default 1997 debadging

well....i didnt get very far becuse as soon as i started it started to rain but...here it is lol

before

after (kinda lol)

trucks dirty and ya ill post some better ones soon tell me what u think

Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM

im taking the chrome wheel archs off tomorrow (if it dont rain) and painting them gloss black.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

I just did my '95 S10 Blazer awhile ago and like it alot. Feel free to see my project thread. I took everything off except the chrome wheel archs. It is so rusty behind there so just leaving it on until I have the money to repaint and body work. By the way, like your truck and it look alot better when it debadge.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 PM

thanks man ...ya i need to replace what was once my rockers lol and im goina bedline it and two tone it ( jam the inside of the doors and whatnot ..thinking that dark green and black will look nice) im goina plasti dip my rims soon becuse they are pitting pretty bad and the back bumper will black and the lower front bumper (or skirt whatever u wanna call it) goina be black ...thats the plan atleast

Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 247monster
thanks man ...ya i need to replace what was once my rockers lol and im goina bedline it and two tone it ( jam the inside of the doors and whatnot ..thinking that dark green and black will look nice) im goina plasti dip my rims soon becuse they are pitting pretty bad and the back bumper will black and the lower front bumper (or skirt whatever u wanna call it) goina be black ...thats the plan atleast
That will look great. I have to sand most of my stuffs when I debadge because of rust and peeled paint but it good enough until I find somebody to paint it and save up the money for it. I know that the holes in the side of the rear bumper where the clips was for the trim, I am going to put red LEDS trailer light on them.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:07 PM

thats a good idea with the LEDs ...lol im keeping the stuff on the front and back and just goina prep it right and mask off that silver strip and paint it gloss black so itll match the wheel arch and kinda flow alittle better then just having a black strip goin around the wheel well haha lol

Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

See on my Blazer it came factory without any chrome trim. Even the trim by the rocker panels matches the vehicle color
But it came with some pinstriping that had tears in it. I pulled that off a while back using a hairdryer but it left a kind of glue residue left on the white paint. Still trying to remove that.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by 50percentgenius
See on my Blazer it came factory without any chrome trim. Even the trim by the rocker panels matches the vehicle color
But it came with some pinstriping that had tears in it. I pulled that off a while back using a hairdryer but it left a kind of glue residue left on the white paint. Still trying to remove that.
find an auto advance and get a rubber wheel it just attachs to any electric or air drill like this
Buy 3M Scotch Brite 4" Molding Adhesive and Stripe Removal Disc MMM7501 at Advance Auto Parts

as long as you dont sit in the same spot forever and burn your paint it works AWSOME!!

Old 06-14-2012, 03:15 AM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

Thanks man that's awesome. I was trying to find one of those but I could not remember what they were called. I'll have to grab one of those when I get paid.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Take the chrome wheel arches off and just leave them off. They hold dirt and salt and create rust

Quick Reply: 1997 debadging