Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

2000 blazer corner lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Beginning Member
matthew.chapman1 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer corner lights

I'm nowhere near my truck to actually look at it so was just wondering the steps on how to install the corner lights? Easy or harder then it looks?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:32 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you talking about the front amber turn lenses? You can take them off the truck each side in less than 2 minutes each!!! Prob even way less time than that.. you need to remove the headlights then wala the clips are right there for the turn lenses and just pop em out..

Old 08-15-2009, 12:03 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 2002XTREME
Are you talking about the front amber turn lenses? You can take them off the truck each side in less than 2 minutes each!!! Prob even way less time than that.. you need to remove the headlights then wala the clips are right there for the turn lenses and just pop em out..
sort of wish I had thought of that, I took my entire grille off to get to them, they're clipped into the grille. You'll see under the chrome strip two rectangular shaped holes where you can put your hands, then pull firmly and it should pop out. Be careful not to scratch your bumper if you do it this way.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

Rectangular shaped holes? Remove the headlights and towards the center of the vehicle you will see what looks like a M type thing behind where the marker lights are. Squeeze this together and it releases the clip and then on the outside edge there is a hooked edge that snaps into a slot there. For some reason I never realized this when I had my 00 Xtreme or when I first installed the lights on my 98 S10 either. Then I noticed you could see the clips with just the headlight removed. Of course on my Blazer I decided to pull the grill since I was putting in a billet Bowtie at the same time and managed to scratch my bumper. Luckily it's underneath the grill when it's on. It also pissed me off I got the passenger side marker light in and went to put the drivers side on and it was cracked. So I had to wait like 3 weeks to get that mess straightened out and get new ones sent to me. I just pulled the headlights and put them in and was done in about 5 minutes.