Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

2000 Blazer fuel gauge, and moon roof trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:54 AM
JasonFMX is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer fuel gauge, and moon roof trouble

Hey folks. I'm new here. I got a 2000 LS Blazer off of a family friend about 2 years ago. I put a little work into her. New battery, head gasket, full braking system, new plugs and wires, coolant flush, some paint touch up, tires, etc.

Anywho....its looking and running pretty good but the last two things I don't know squat about. The fuel gauge works as in its responsive, its not dead...but it doesn't work right. It jumps all around. When I fuel up it goes full, then it stays there, then drops to a quarter tank, then reads empty with the light on. I just reset the trip when I get gas. So I need to refill it ever 250 miles. Thats about what I get to a tank. (is that good by the way?)

The other problem is the moon roof. When I push the button the motor responds and it sounds like its working, it even stops when it gets so far...but the glass never moves. Like the belt/chain..whatever is detached.

Any ideas?

thanks all.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:42 AM
TNatus23 is on a distinguished road

Well I dont Know too Much about the Moon Roof But I had the Same exact issue with My Fuel Gauge I was told It Could of been the Float in the Tank but I ended Up having a New Fuel Pump put in and that Fixed the Issue

Not Too helpful But I thought It was Somethin. . .

Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 PM
JasonFMX is on a distinguished road

Actually, I forgot. I had to have my fuel pump replaced as well...I had completely forgotten about that. Or at least it was suppose to have been, I'll have to go back through my receipts.

thanks for the info, I'll check into that float.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Starting Member
smilie1914 is on a distinguished road

Mine is doing the exact same thing. In fact it hasnt worked for so long I just got used to it now. I know its my fuel sensor, but everyone tells me that its in the tank and the whole unit needs to be replaced if im going to do it. well i beleive thats at 300+ part the last time i checked it out. thats why ive been checking my mileage reader for so long now. it started happenening maybe around 74K and im at 81K now

Old 03-26-2011, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

For your fuel gauge, THIS is the best thread on the subject that I've found. As it is not detrimental to function - most members just go by the trip odometer like you have been and fill up at X amount of miles. As pointed out in that thread though, the pump is cooled by the gas in the tank, so don't run it too low. 250 is my cutoff as well. I usually put around 15 gallons in at that point.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
doughboy is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem with my 99 blazer lt with the moon roof it opens after some sticking and poping but the sun roof part won't open at all

Old 05-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Dio
Starting Member
Dio is on a distinguished road
Default Same issue

I've had both of these issues. The fuel gauge issue is the floater, I replaced the whole pump (since i had problems with it as well) so that was an easy fix. But I'm in the process of fixing my moonroof now (since it started leaking when it rains.) I just took the glass off and noticed the arm had cracked and a metal guidebar is now lost in my ceiling panel (i dont care enough to find it) so basically I can either buy a whole moonroof kit or go the cheap route and go junkyard hopping. Let me know how this turns out for you.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member
Volff is on a distinguished road

I also have a 2000 LS, with the same problem with the gauge, ive just been using the tripometer but, heres a question has anyone have problems with the door hinges? mine started to rust and now until i can get a new hinge im using a bungy strap to hold the door closed cuz the door wont even latch..lmao...any suggestions on the dooor?