Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

95-97 Brush Guard

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:09 AM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95-97 Brush Guard

Hey guys, so I've been debating doing a brush guard and a safari rack on my blazer. I have found a rack I really like, but I havn't found a brush guard that looks good on my 97 4dr blazer. All the ones I have found look awkward and don't match the curves of the truck.

If anyone has any idea of where to find a nice lookin' brush guard, lemme know. Color/finish don't matter, as I will just paint it black anyway.

Thanks guys.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road
Old 05-14-2009, 05:11 PM
young murph is on a distinguished road

could i make this fit on a 2000?

Old 05-14-2009, 05:15 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

why dont you just save yourself the trouble and buy a grill gaurd for a 98 and newer??

Old 05-14-2009, 05:32 PM
young murph is on a distinguished road

do you know where i can find a good one for a decent price?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
why dont you just save yourself the trouble and buy a grill gaurd for a 98 and newer??
is there any differences between a 97 brush guard and a 98?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:32 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by young murph
do you know where i can find a good one for a decent price?
not off hand youll have to do ur own homework on that one, but check out ebay or craigslist and maybe even a junkyard and you might get lucky to find one nice and cheap otherwise just check out a few offroad websites

Old 05-14-2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by PVT Pablo
is there any differences between a 97 brush guard and a 98?
they might mount the same (im not 100% on that) but the 97 and 98+ front ends are different. 98 and newer front look like the blazer at the top of the forum page and the 97 front end has the sqaure headlights. do a quick google search and youll get a better idea of wat im talking about.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
they might mount the same (im not 100% on that) but the 97 and 98+ front ends are different. 98 and newer front look like the blazer at the top of the forum page and the 97 front end has the sqaure headlights. do a quick google search and youll get a better idea of wat im talking about.
I know what the front ends look like, I've owned both lol. What im thinking however is that they mount differently. If they mount differently then I would rather not bother trying to fab something to make it work, as I rarely have the time or patience.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:38 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Even if you fabbed it up, it wouldn't look right.. There's a reason it's a 95-97 not a 95+.

Quick Reply: 95-97 Brush Guard