Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

97 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 PM
rcschriefer7 is on a distinguished road
Default 97 blazer

looking to get some new head and tail lights for my blazer, im going with blacking it out, and like the look of projector headlights, but dont know where to look or exactly what i want, suggestions on headlight taillight combos, and where i can find them?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:42 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you don't mention if you have a Blazer or Jimmy (big difference).

if you have a Blazer, why not upgrade to the '98+ style front end, and get projector's for that style? there's a member who is parting out all the extra's he's put on his 2000 (?) Blzer.

i'm not if he's sold any of the front end yet (billet grill), but i'm pretty sure he sold the tail's already.

**edit** sorry brother, i had originally tried to post this up on the duplicate thread you had, but it was closed before i could finish witing it.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Default 97 blazer head/taillights

is the grill the same? would i have to do any cutting or anything or does everything line up?

Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If you get the whole front end kit it should be a straight swap. The rad/bumper mounts are a bit different I believe but its a very easy swap provided you get all the parts needed if I'm not mistaken. It's been done several times.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Default 97 blazer

alright thanks, i was thinking of doing that a while ago but i didn't know that it would work without any extra body work, where would i go to get a kit like that? would all of the fuses and lights match up?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:27 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'd hit a local wreckers for some of the stuff.

you would need the plugs for the HL's (& the ones for the signals since you're there) grab as much wire as possible when you snip them off.

if the lenses are really clean, grab them too, or hit one of the many places online for them. there are a few companies that sell complete grill/HL conversion kits. do a search through the builds (or right through the search engine up to), and you'll find the links we've posted up there before for that stuff.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

whats wrong with the 97 composite front end with clear corners. I think they make the blackout headlight covers for these also. You can get bulbs so bright for these headlights theyll burn your retinas LOL

Dunno why everyone hates it so much, I think my front end is awesome, and Im a shameless self promoter.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:01 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah I'm not a fan of the 95-97 style. They're very sad and droopy/lazy looking. Just my opinion though...

Old 03-13-2010, 11:51 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by jsmz

Dunno why everyone hates it so much, I think my front end is awesome, and Im a shameless self promoter.

noooooo, really?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:57 PM

i dont want blacked out healdlights just black backing on the projector headlights, but the black projector headlights on the 95-97 look really dumb so im trying to find a conversion kit to a newer year, anyone know where i can get the complete kit?