Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

98+ Front End Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Cassus Kagal is on a distinguished road

I have a question. Is it possible to make this change -without- changing the bumper and such out? Just changing the grille and headlights I mean. I went to a scrap yard today and found a 97 grille and held it to the 98 model, and it looked like it would fit exactly. I couldn't tell for sure though as I couldn't get the hood to the 98 open to look inside. Any insight? The main change I'm wanting is to the newer headlights, as I personally like them a bit better.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^you don't need to change the bumper Cassus. but you do need to change the rad support. read back through this thread, everything is discussed as to what would be needed.

just remember to cut off as much wiring as possible (gives you more to work with on your truck).

Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Beginning Member
Big O is on a distinguished road

I have a 97 blazer, and I am wanting to convert my front end, but I am confused. What is a bumper rad? and a bumper cassus?

Old 03-20-2010, 10:31 AM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow are you serious? Cassus was just the guys name that was being responded to....LOL he was telling the guy that he didnt need to change out the bumper.
Rad support is the radiator support.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Beginning Member
97MikeBlaze is on a distinguished road

LoLz!^^
Yeah, the headlights on the 97 Blazer i have are hideous to me lol

Old 05-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Beginning Member
88cougar is on a distinguished road

I'm confused so I need a core support for a 98-04 blazer headlights, park lights, bumper cover for 98-04 blazer, Grille and push clips? I have a 95

Also u have sealed beams now what wiring do I need to convert. Lmc makes a heavy duty wiring kit would that work?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

will a Bravada front end work? i want the bumper with the spot for the fog light and the spot for the hooks? can i just change the bumper mounts and put the Bravada bumper leave my grille?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Beginning Member
GreekPower is on a distinguished road

this is one of my biggest mods I want to do to my 96. Is the rad support swap needed? if so does it bolt in or weld in? how complex is changing the rad support?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

after taking off your fron end(lights, grille, bumper, markers, rad core support,an ur raditorar) then once u install the 98-up core everything will then go in. and u need a wire harness for the lights yes u can save a couple hundread dollars going to the junk yard

Old 08-19-2010, 10:16 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

it sounds like you're getting the hang of the search function kickme.

it also sounds like you might have your swap done already. did you do a build thread for it?

Quick Reply: 98+ Front End Conversion Kit