Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

99 Blazer 4DR - Dunno where 2 go

Old 11-17-2005, 04:24 PM
SMBrandono5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99 Blazer 4DR - Dunno where 2 go

I want to take the 2 front seats out and put a 3rdrow type seats. That just goes str8 across. I seen one on stylinconcepts.com that the console in the middle flips and makes a backing like a a whole 3 pass. seat. Is there any of those that would fit a 99 blazer that will just go on without any modifiction like a stock seat would? But not in leather + suede just beige cloth. Where could I get?

Also what can I do improve my cars preformance MPG,HP.
What modifications can I do that are fairly easy?

Old 12-03-2005, 07:29 PM
BlaZeR FXB1581 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 99 Blazer 4DR - Dunno where 2 go

you could always look in a junkyard for a front bench..i hav a 98 dr blazer and it came with a front bench..............so a junkyard would probably hav some

Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
9blzr9 is an unknown quantity at this point

something I did that gave me better milage and power was one of those Tornado air circulation systems. they run around $70 I think and the install is pretty easy. another thing to check out would be a K&N intake. Ive been looking at them and I hear they work pretty good. Good luck!

Old 12-28-2005, 01:10 PM
tomsblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen tests in reputable magazines that say the Tornado type products actually DECREASE the fuel efficiency.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:10 AM
85FSBSilverado is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really sure on it, had some close friends try them and say MPG wend up, but never tried it myself. Heard several reports that it doesn't. If I were you I wouldn't waste my money trying to see if it works or not. I'd go K&N for sure. Not gonna help a lot, but what can you do? You wanna increase MPG, get a Metro and/or a granny foot. Running around with your foot on the floor is gonna decrease your mileage by about 25%.

You could get an air intake. I wouldn't go expensive or you're not helping it at all. Save a little gas, spend more money to save a little gas.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/207734/3

Since you don't know where to go, I'll try and give you some suggestions that may interest you.

I'd go with stereo. Do some interior painting/detailing if it's your thing. Add some little mods here and there. Tint and clear corners seem to always improve look.

Brother's Cavy:

Brother's car, then mine and I painted with DupliColor Wheel Paint, back to him for second car:

My Bronco:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...8_238_full.jpg
I painted buttons, button plate, speaker grills, arm rest, and added the vinyl on the door. Cost was about $10 for both doors. I had to do work on them because of the Components, as you can see.

Wanna work on your stereo? I can help you there. Work on a budget if you need. I could help you set up a system for a few hundred, or spend $1000. Just depends on what you wanna buy and spend.

Bench seat wouldn't be hard, I'd think. Check out junk yards and see what they have. My seat folds down, and then forward for more storage capacity. Need to put mount in floor, which would mean some cutting.

Old 01-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

85FSBSilverado, please stay on topic and refrain from posting the SAME picture set in all of your posts. Nothing was said about painting interior pieces so why bring it up? Also, nothing was said about stereo upgrades. Stay on topic!

Back this thread now... The Tornado has been proven by both Motor Trend and Car-and-Driver to do absolutely nothing in both real world testing, dyno tests, and track tests. I believe that the Motor Trend test actually tested it on 3 different vehicles with the same result, NOTHING.