Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Anyone have this grill?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Blazerrrr is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone have this grill?

So I have a 96 blazer with the stock front end and it shows its age. I was going to do the entire front end conversion (read about it in another thread) but I just want to improve the looks a little bit and I dont have the money for the kit so I found this: http://www.carid.com/1996-chevy-blaz...lle-62488.html

Anyone know anything about this grill? Anyone know anything about this website? It seems like a cheap option to improve the looks of my front end a lot.

Thanks guys

Old 12-24-2010, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

yeah, look at my sig...

if you do a front end conversion (im assuming 1 gen to 2 gen s10 blazer meaning post 98 style) then that one wont work

I have the same grille but 98+ style. I HATE IT. I have taken a lot of flack for my ugly a$$ grille over the time spent here. mind you my ride came with it, a stret scene bumper cover, and euro-trash lights all around. she was abused and partially "pimped" on the outside.

Now, to each his own, if you like the looks; go nuts.
Things to know:
it's milk colored plastic with a chrome "coating".
it still looks f-ing dumb even blacked out with bedliner
it's WEAK! expect to get used to installing it with missing/broken attaching clips if you have to remove/install it more than 2 or 3 times.
IMHO its damn ugly

on the plus side though:
it's unique (you wont see any one else rolling with one)
it changes the look quite a bit (especially with euro lights)
it's cheap
if you get in an accident you might fool the adjuster into thinking it's a billet replacement and therefore worth more...

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-02-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member
rmart617 is on a distinguished road

yes the website is very reliable. Also look at autopartswarehouse.com for grills

Old 01-03-2011, 08:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i think Curtis said it best..........

Originally Posted by ABN31B
IMHO its damn ugly

'nuff said.

personally, i'm not a big fan off the early 2nd gens ('95 through '97), but io honestly think the OE grill is waaaaay better looking than that one you threw up.

look around the forum @ the other members that have your style of truck, 'cause i know i've seen a few of them that have done mods to the grill that didn't look half bad.

but in the end it is your ride, and yours opinion is what really counts in the end.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran

thanks for getting in one more shot Chris...

Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Starting Member
answeredge22 is on a distinguished road

to each his own, but id personally stray from it, if you're running on a budget and dont mind that it's plastic, just get an ebay one, its a lot cheaper than $180 for one that you might find out you hate after you install it. at least then its not as much of a slap. or go to LMC for the billet piece

Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm with Chris/Curtis. I think they look like crap. I've bashed Curtis many times for it...lol

Old 01-21-2011, 06:22 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
I'm with Chris/Curtis. I think they look like crap. I've bashed Curtis many times for it...lol
X2

Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
BF Veteran

to be fair, Curtis has never stuck up for that grille one time and in fact lead the charge on how awful it was

Old 01-22-2011, 02:23 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
.........waaaaay better looking than that one you threw up.
i agree "threw up" is exactly the way to describe that grill...

Quick Reply: Anyone have this grill?