Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bed Floor Panel Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty much what I figured. I dunno we'll see when I get that far.

Anyway here's the new progress. Inner and out rockers now attached along with the patch panel. Still some work to do as far as feathering out the weld seam but pretty close. I'm just going to prime stuff for now and when I finish the other side spend some more time getting it "just right" before painting.

As you can see in the pics the entry road to work is mud and its been raining here for 3 days. So no we haven't been really mudding yet. LOL.

Here ya go. Click for full size.

Trying something different this time. If you want to see it all in progression go HERE.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
When I do mine, I will be fitting the rocker on before the floor. This will allow me to move things around as needed to align at the seem between the floor and the rocker.
DEFINITELY the way to go!

Another lesson learned the hard way. Did the driver's side that way and so far WAY easier. Once I'm done I'll put up some more pics. But the floor panels definitely do not match the frame rails to a tee so some "adjusting" is needed. On the plus side they, LMC, send you a panel that is bigger than what you need so there is plenty of excess to play with.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:09 PM

Woohooo!...Floor panels are in and I can move the truck without sitting on a bucket!

All that's left is the patch panel. Then we start playing with the new carb....but that's another story. Too dark and tired for pics....tomorrow.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Beginning Member
chevyman09 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at replacing my floor pans in my 83 , what's the easiest way to make the lip thatcomes up were the door seal sits on right where the floor meets the rocker ?

Old 01-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Quite honsetly what worked for me...I just cut the pan to fit and then welded a strip in for the seal. I tried bending with a pair of sheet metal pliers but the incredible hulk wasnt available so I gave up.