Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bent bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bent bumper

was wondering if there is an easy approach to bending back a bumper? the drivers side is actually pointing downwards a bit. passenger side is nice and even. do i have to take off the valance to bend the bumper back or is there a diff way of doing it? i can even see a diff from the front of the tire to the valance. 2inch gap on drivers side compared to i would say maybe 4 or so on the passenger side. i'll take pics if needed.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: Bent bumper

Anyone??

Old 09-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is no easy way to do this other than unbolt it, and bolt on a replacement. Bending a metal bumper back to the proper shape is not going to be easy with common hand tools. If you had some hydraulic tools , it could be done, but you still should remove it to keep from damaging the body. The problem with a down turned bumper is that you will have to lift i past where you want it due to spring back. The body will get in the way. Take it off and now you have a problem of how to hold it...

I would go to your local junkyard and grab a replacement. Should be plentiful.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Starting Member

yea but where are the bolts and how do i get the valance off? well i seen 2 bolts for the bumper itself and i know there has to be more then just those 2. the valance is the biggest pain in the butt for me anyway.