Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Blacked out tails

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

"Perfect" is a pretty loose term, I like the redish-black look. Therefore I went with one coat. Also, the VHT does fade with time as my lights have gotten lighter.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hmm...I could have sworn I replied to lorton's question last night lol. Oh well,

As Martin said "perfect" is a relative term. It depends on what you're looking for.
I didn't want any red showing at all (except when the lights are on). Red just doesn't belong on my truck lol. I did 2 coats and they're black during the day. When the lights are on it looks good too. Not too dark to be dangerous but muted just a bit.
I haven't cleared mine yet either. I think I will be putting a coat or 2 on sometime though.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:00 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Same here. 2 coats, no clear. But I'm more than likely going to buy a new set of tail lights.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:30 AM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

looks good i just bought mine
https://blazerforum.com/forum/album....ictureid=12296

heres my taill and head lights blacked out, tell me what you think.

Attached Thumbnails Blacked out tails-jimmie-005.jpg   Blacked out tails-jimmie-010.jpg  

Last edited by swartlkk; 09-30-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post. If you need to attach more pictures, use Photobucket, Imageshack, etc - Do not double post.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:54 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

looks amazing ^

Old 10-03-2010, 12:49 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i'll be tinting my tails sooner rather than later but.... still have to decide if i want vht or trust my buddy to black/clear them. he has a bunch of gravity paint guns and does pretty darn good work for a garage mechanic (aka his own home garage)

Old 10-05-2010, 02:46 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

VHT is good stuff, but if you're buddy has legit spray guns and you trust him, I say do it!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

Has anyone had any issues with the police after blacking the tails? Around here I've heard a few cases of people getting citations for blacked tails.

I just went with some aftermarket smoked ones, they give a nice effect when they're on.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60.../IMAGE_051.jpg

Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by R2P
Has anyone had any issues with the police after blacking the tails? Around here I've heard a few cases of people getting citations for blacked tails.

I just went with some aftermarket smoked ones, they give a nice effect when they're on.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60.../IMAGE_051.jpg

i think im going to be getting a set like that too.. i think it will look good with my new paint job ...coming soon...

Old 10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Starting Member
TylerCiervo is on a distinguished road

I have 2 cans of VHT waiting to be used on my taillights and signals I was going to do the headlights, but I think i'm just going to clean them up nice and get HID's installed.

Quick Reply: Blacked out tails