Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Blazer seat options ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM
keen is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer seat options ?

I have a 1999 S10 Blazer 4dr that came with cloth seats (vertical fabric pleats ?) In my opinion they offer lttle comfort or support. the lower back rest is too firm and take any turn and I am on the center console or dooor panel. Are there better oem options in cloth ? Aftermarket seats ? On a sie note I am 6'4" and can't use a seat that would cuase me to sit higher. Thanks

Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm 6' 5" and don't have any issues with the seats. I actually find them very comfortable. Have you played around with the lumbar support in the seats? It sounds like it might be all the way out which is causing your problem. Just twist the wheel on the side of the back rest.
The only other OEM option is leather. They're even more comfortable IMO, but they can be pretty pricey.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I'm 6' 5" and don't have any issues with the seats. I actually find them very comfortable. Have you played around with the lumbar support in the seats? It sounds like it might be all the way out which is causing your problem. Just twist the wheel on the side of the back rest.
The only other OEM option is leather. They're even more comfortable IMO, but they can be pretty pricey.
you get the leather ones at the junkyard they shouldnt be to pricey. just make sure they wipe the blood off the seat. plus i believe the leather ones are power driver/passenger. mine is cloth and when i replaced mine with cloths cause that dang lever broke off there is a harness plug in the floor that the cloths dont have. dont quote me on this but i believe that plug in is for the power leather seats

Old 01-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

You could always swap in a pair of Camaro or Firebird seats. You might have to modify the brackets to work.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Beginning Member
reytx1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Zeeke98
You could always swap in a pair of Camaro or Firebird seats. You might have to modify the brackets to work.
How sure are you on this?
I'm asking because my brother wrecked his ws6 and is parting it out. lol maybe he will give them to me for free or reallly cheap

Old 01-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

Check s10forum There's a couple swap threads in there. I don't remember all the details but know there's a handful of people that have swapped them in.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

mine has leather seats and yes the front drivers seat is power but the passengers isnt. mine has a harness in the floor for the seat. its got the lumbar support and heated also.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Beginning Member
mijbr90190 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
you get the leather ones at the junkyard they shouldnt be to pricey. just make sure they wipe the blood off the seat. plus i believe the leather ones are power driver/passenger. mine is cloth and when i replaced mine with cloths cause that dang lever broke off there is a harness plug in the floor that the cloths dont have. dont quote me on this but i believe that plug in is for the power leather seats
I know if there is power lumbar the harness for power seat is there. Just plg it in and your good to go. The memory function on the leather ones is also very cool.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mijbr90190
I know if there is power lumbar the harness for power seat is there. Just plg it in and your good to go. The memory function on the leather ones is also very cool.

what did i tell you about quoting me