Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Body Moulding

Old 10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
88sully is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Body Moulding

I was wondering as to why I see tons of new third gen blazers with a lot of mods on them but still have the body moulding. Are these just stuck on with tape like any other badges or are they screwed on? I want to get rid of mine but don't know whats under them and I haven't seen any new blazers debadged

Old 10-26-2007, 04:57 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Body Moulding

EuroGoldLS may be able to help you out with this a little more, but i believe its just tape holding them on. there is only tape holding the badges on the tailgate...

it may be kind of faded around where the molding was

Old 10-26-2007, 05:10 PM

well i can deal with tape, thats hopeful lol, i hate the mouldint, truck i think would look so clean without them

Old 10-26-2007, 05:24 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Someone say me name?

Its 3m double sided tape all around. Badges and Moulding. If you want to remove it, all you need is good fishing line and a can of WD40. When you take it off, you'll have a "scum line" around the moulding where you couldn't really wash it good.You need some rubbing compound or a good clay bar to get rid of it. To get the WD40 off, use dish washing liquid and a soft bristle brush locally. Wax immediately afterward. When you get the molding off, store it lyingflat.

*edit* Using the fishing line, you want to wet it with WD 40, soak the edges of the trim with it and slide the fishing line under it. Work the line back and fourth in a sawing motion. Don't go too fast with it or you will be sitting there an hour or so getting the mutilated tape off.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:17 PM

thanks bro, i was hopin it was that easy, ill definatly be doing this tommorrow.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

Don't go too fast with it or you will be sitting there an hour or so getting the mutilated tape off.
thats exactly what happened to me. i was going from the right to the left when i took my chevrolet badge off. i got stuck on the tall part of the L and so i just pulled as hardas i could and it ripped the badge off the tape. so i sat there for about 40min trying to get all the tape off

Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

betcha that made the thumbs feel nice..lol.

goo gone is your best friend when debadging, and taking a heat gun to whatever is being removed then use the fishing line

Old 10-26-2007, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran

i actually used one of the fake credit cards that come in the mail-in applications. that and a LOT of goo-gone, WD40 and the spray stuff that comes in the claybar kits

Old 10-26-2007, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

That advice came from experience. I used gasoline, just a little on a rag, melted it right off without hurting the paint. had some goo gone, but it didn't work as well as gas.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I've removed body side moldings with a plastic scraper and the remaining tape with a bodyshop eraser mounted on a cordless drill. Just use a very little pressure and keep the eraser moving so you don't burn into the clear coat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Body Moulding