Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

body work

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
kfletch is on a distinguished road
Exclamation body work

ya last night i got in an accident with my 1997 blazer. i went into the ditch hit the front it turned me around slamed the back left then fliped and ended up on the wheels with my nose to the ditch. over all there is a lot of damage to the back(windows broken,tailgate smashed, back left panel smushed). and i think there is only a bit to the front. be barring and twist to the frame i was hopeing to fix it all my self because i dont have and collision insurance so they wont fix it. what my question is how hard is it for a person to do body work it these trucks. ie: get the panels remove the damaged panels, put panels back on.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Really is just like any other newer vehicle. It all comes down to skill and experience. If the body is tweaked, you likely will end up putting more money into it than it is worth.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

Take some pictures. That would help us greatly.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 95Blzr
Take some pictures. That would help us greatly.
Yes, x2!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:04 PM

ya when my friend gets them on face book i will put the on here but i looked at it and i dont think there will be any frame damage and latter on today a guy who knows alot about chevys from the local body shop is coming over to look at it so i will know more then

Old 03-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

pics will be great

Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM

ya the pics will come but the guy from the body shop said there probly wont be frame damage so is there like a site i can go to, to get body panels/bumpers etc?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:10 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you're alright!
I think LMC truck or JC Whitney probably has them.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:08 PM

ya i guess the pics didnt work ****ty

Old 03-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Administrator

What format are they in? Are you using an outside photo host (photobucket) or trying to upload them?

Quick Reply: body work