Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bolts for Gas Tank Skid Plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 09:59 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
I'm not sure what size they are. But I edited my last post with the pics. I'll see if I can get the bolts out and check them tomorrow.
Yeah, Thog. That looks exactly like my gas tank skid! =P

Cool, I'll buy a few more bolts then and try to get it on next weekend. Thanks for the pics! I eventually need to find a t-case skid too! Hard as crap to find one of those though.

Btw, that tire looks horrible! Is that the tire peeling?

Old 03-30-2012, 12:13 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I'm pretty rough on my rubber..... There I go again.... Bad thoughts....

Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

LOl ^^^^

Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

hey guys i been trying to find a gas tank skid plate for my 4 door jimmy. where in the hell can u find these as i know the zr2s come with them but i cant find any at my local yards. what years of jimmys/blazers they come on?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:10 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

A ZR2 plate won't fit as the ZR2s have their gas tanks behind the rear axle.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM

I know the 2 door won't work cuz of that reason but from a regular blazer/jimmy as I really need one as I do a lot of hardcore wheeling in mine

Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Keep searching everywhere till you find some. They are out there just takes patience! Pick n pull, CL, Ebay just search and search often. There are or were just two different sets on CL near me. I would have grabbed them but I already have a full set.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

The junkyard IS your BEST bet. Specifically one that lets you pull your own parts like a "Pull-A-Part." I found mine already taken off and sitting beside a blaze that looked almost identical to Thogert's without any mods though. I think the person wanted the gas tank without the skid who had taken it off before I stumbled upon it.

Good luck! And like everyone else says slow and steady wins the race! (aka patience)

Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 PM

yea that would be the general idea but the local scrap yard i use they cut the gas tanks off and pitch the skid plates i asked them so if someone can come across one let me know or if they have one for sale ill buy it thx

Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 AM
BF Veteran

Why would they toss them? Those are worth $$. Not too smart on their part.

Quick Reply: Bolts for Gas Tank Skid Plate