Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Brake Light Strip

Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brake Light Strip

I'm unsure exactly what these are called but I see them from time to time. It's a strip of lights similar to the 3rd brake light that can go between the tailgate and the bumper. What I'm wondering is if that will fit on a 98 blazer and how would you go about hooking them up?
I have completely clear taillights that light up red with my led lights (white when lights aren't on) and would like to put a decal on my third brake light of some kind. However I think that would take away from how much red light the back of my suv is putting out. It has a dark brown/purple hue so at night you can't see it too well. Any thoughts?

BTW- My boyfriend has a 97 2-door Tahoe and I'm wondering if anyone knows if they would fit that too? He has barn doors instead of the tailgate however.

Thanks

Old 01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Brake Light Strip

fire and ice bar, someone on here just put one on can't remember who it was though..

Old 01-19-2008, 08:18 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

have you seen the new fire and ice lights?? I`ll try and get the link unless someone else responds first with it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/60-LI...spagenameZWDVW

Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Typically they can be purchased to plug into a 4 pin trailer harness. Even if you do not have a trailer harness right now, you should have the wiring stuffed up under your truck to add the plug...

BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

WhiteTieBlackJacket just installed one.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:44 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Also Davtak has one on his Blazer. The newest fire and ice ones have red brake lights, white reverse, and amber turn signals.

You should measure up the width of the opening of the tailgate and go from there on getting one, I think you would need to get the 48" one and not the 60" one. The come with a plug to plug into you trailer harness, otherwise you can splice into the trailer harness wiring and hard wire it. Personally I would just splice into the harness wiring and add a secondary plug, that way you can sell off the LED brake light if you dont want it later.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:25 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd buy the red ones, install nerf bars and put the lights under the doors. My friend has them on the sides of his Dodge Ram. They look pretty awesome.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Big E is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know if the break light strip will fit on the old body style? I have a 94 S10 Blazer 2dr 4x4.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Yup, I have one. It's only the brake light though. I have the ultra white APC bulbs as the reverse lights. Check out the pics on my cardomain page. Link is in my sig.

I believe they are made to fit any suv. Just measure it to make sure before you buy it. The 48" one should fit on yours because i believe the 94 and 2000 are similar in size.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:04 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

The newest fire and ice ones have red brake lights, white reverse, and amber turn signals.
Just ordered one tonight. Hope its as good as it looks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake Light Strip