Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bravada Front end conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 03:59 PM
BassTube 04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bravada Front end conversion

I wanna change my blazer front bumper, grill and head lights to bravada pieces, those were really the only bigcosmetic differences any ways. I think it would be nice to have a 2-door bravada. But anyways, my question: is everything the same between the blazer and bravada underneeth the grill, lights and bumper? do i have to do any other mods?

Old 03-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bravada Front end conversion

What do you have for a vehicle?

From your other posts, you have an '04 Blazer. So yeah, everything should basically be the same. You would need all of the parts you have listed.

Wish you had a Jimmy. I'm lookin' for a black Jimmy grill to put in place of my Bravada grill. Remove the GMC & have a billet grille made to resemble the Denali grills.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:43 AM
BassTube 04 is an unknown quantity at this point

that sounds good but im thinkin i might change my mid because i just found out they its impossible to get the dark smoked headlight covers for the jimmy/bravada lights,

Old 03-18-2007, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Make some custom ones... Plastic is fairly easy to mold... Just time consuming... You can either start with smoked plastic, or start with clear, and get that smoked glass spray on stuff...

Old 05-15-2007, 11:57 AM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point

ur post swartlkk gave me a damn good idea, i have a 99 gmc envoy and i wanted to do something to the front, and besides i really wanted to get a denali before. i havent seen any grille inserts that look like the denali's, do u have any good one?

Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I was just going to draw something up quick in CAD and send it off to one of my CNC shops that does this kind of thing. They'd machine it and then I'd have it tripple chromed. It won't be cheap.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:28 AM

ah i see, i sawa real denali one at the parts place at a local dealership and it seemed like it might fit in mine, im going to ask tomorrow cuz i gotta get something put on anyways

Old 05-18-2007, 11:20 PM

btw, i went to the dealership, and they did something that most usually dont, they actually tried to save me money haha, so they told me to buy an insert at the local auto supply down the street because thats where they get theirs, so i went and they said they dont have any for jimmys but they have some for newer trucks and the envoy, and their best advice was to get it cut to fit mine because its "about the same shape, just bigger." you think it would work? i like their price ($90) thats why im considering it

Old 05-19-2007, 04:51 AM
Administrator

If it's polished stainless or aluminum, then yeah, go for it. You may have to do some filling of holes around the outside edges where you cut it to make a nice clean line, but it would be worth it. If it is chromed mild steel, you'll need to have it prepped and re-chromed after cutting it to keep it from rusting at the cuts.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm bumping this thread because I'm playing around with the thought of changing my Blazer front to a Bravada. Not thinking seriously on it yet.

Kyle saysall I needisthe grill, both headlights, andpossibly the bumper cover. However, I forgot to ask him about the fact that I have the '96 with the sealed beams. I already have a '98+ headlight wiring harness, but does this mean I would also need the '98+ radiator support (as with regular Blazer '98+ upgrades)?

Quick Reply: Bravada Front end conversion