Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bravada Front end question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:49 PM
jbeezy1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bravada Front end question

So im a newb at the whole minitruck thing and i just bought a 98 bravada from a friend of mine. I want to do some mods to it and the first thing i want to do is get rid of the front end. i have seen people switching to the s10/blazer front end and i think that is what i want to do, that or the jimmy front. question is , is that all bolt on with no body mods or is it more work than that. so if you guys could be so kind to tell me what i would need to do the conversion i would really appreciate it. also if you could tell me what other parts i could use..........like body kits etc. also planning on doing rims and dont know the bolt pattern or sizes i am limited to. thanks guys

justin

Old 12-31-2007, 12:21 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Bravada Front end question

dont quote me on this but as far as i know, all you need is the radiator core support, grille and headlights from a 98+ blazer.

for wheels, you need a bolt pattern of 5x4.75... bravadas are 4wd so you need wheels with a lot of backspacing and a high offset

im sure i've left something out

Old 12-31-2007, 05:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Core support is the same across all 98+ models.

The Jimmy front end would require the least amount of investment. A grill and bumper cover is all you would need to complete the change. However, the ends of the bumper would not line up the same as they do on the Bravada bumper. It is possible to try to use the Bravada bumper with the Jimmy grill, but it mostlikely will not line up properly on the lower edge. Since the headlights are the same between the Jimmy & Bravada, you won't need to change these.

If you wanted to go to the Blazer front end, you would again need the bumper (not sure if you need a new support as well...) & grill, but would also need headlights and turn signals.

I'm not sure if the bumper support under the Blazer bumper is the same, but I think it is. Whatever you are pulling the parts from, just check...

Old 12-31-2007, 01:52 PM

so what is this about the bumper not lining up if i do the switch? what would i have to do to make it look good?

Old 12-31-2007, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

The bumpers are different, see the embedded pics below:

As far as making it look good, you'll really only find out by doing it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5485/827F97D061BE43B69E83F929634658AA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5485/E45C134AEA5349B6BD801E6C87EBAB15.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5485/114DE9D6D4D2469896D933003DEDE195.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

from the looks of it you will be alright with the bumper you have

Old 12-31-2007, 02:43 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

If he does the Jimmy conversion he'll be alright; the Blazer's bumper is flat across the top. The Olds and GMC bumpers have raised sections to meet up with the headlights and/or lowered sections to accomodate the grille, which ever way you want to look at it.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:24 PM

so what if i just decided to do a jimmy headlight and grill swap. would i be able to just bolt those on without any mods whatsoever?

Old 01-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You would still need the Jimmy bumper so that it came up to meet the headlights on either side of the grill - same as the Bravada swap.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:36 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

he already has a bravada, hes wanting to switch to either a blazer front end or a jimmy front end

Quick Reply: Bravada Front end question