Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:47 PM
blazerboy124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brush guard

will a brush guard from a zr2 fit my 97 blazer lz 4 door 4x4?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: brush guard

It should as long as it is for the correct model year.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

yeah.. if it is from a 1995-1997 model... if it is from a 1998+ it will not fit..

Old 03-27-2008, 06:16 AM

alright thanks, guys, i found a immaculate brush guard on a zr2 that had been t-boned, in my friends junkyard. so his dad (who owns the place) was like $50 and its yours, i just wanted to know if it would fit. if not, i'll find someone who has a zr2

Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

What a deal! That ZR2 doesn't happen to have a G80 does it? Or does your friend's junkyard want to let a G80 from a bravada go for $50?? Please?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha, Jason. I bet a LOT of people wish that to be true. I thought the same thing but when I checked Blazerboy's location it says "Lost Somewhere In The Congo". That would be a pretty penny to ship from there to the US!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:39 AM

hahahaha, i forgot that i had that as my location, im in vermont. i can check to see if they have a g80 and what they want for it. i also got the rear tire carrier for $20 and im getting a set of 33 X 12.50 X R15LT's for $35 a tire, and im mounting them on some rock crawler rims im planning to buy in a few days...this "junk yard" is more of a treasure chest than a junk yard. i guess you you call it the first stage of a junk yard, they strip the vehicle when it comes in.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

In all seriousness, I would love a g80...I NEED IT.

Anyone seen that Mercedes commercial for the new M class or whatever it is..and the SUV is going over the off camber ramp thing..and it's one wheel goes up in the air...spins for a sec, then click-locks in and away it goes?!?

I want that.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM

i can check, but to be 100% honest i highly doubt they have one. also the brusguard im getting is from an 02 zr2, so ive got some mods to do. all i have to do is make new holes in my frame right? the guard its self will wrap around my grille correct?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran

Haha well if you dont....oh well...but if you ever get one in...gimmie a holler!

And what I'm seein in my head...the grille shape itself shoulddddd fit decently..but I can't say 100%. The only difference I can see is the 97 has a flatter lip before the grille itself..where as the 98+ has a bit more flow to it...again I'm just thinkin outloud!

Quick Reply: brush guard