Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:18 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brush guard

I found a grill guard on jcwhitney:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...29825410311665

wonderin how this would look on a blazer, side note i have 2 fog lights mounted under the chevy bowtie, wondering if the guard would block the lights?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Brush guard

That`s not as complete as you would think. It is either just the center section with the side guards optional or the other way around. I would call and double check to see which it is before ordering.

Either way, the top of the guard is pretty much equal to the hood line on most brush guards. That said, it looks like you are in the clear as far as not blocking the fogs under the bowtie.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM

its says matching grille guard sold seperatly, dont know what that means

Old 10-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you will receive it exactly as it is shown. The note probably means that they have an insert for the middle that would protect the grill more.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Nope. That's just the brush guards...which are just the head light protection. The grille guard is the main center piece that you would need to attach these brush guards to, which is not included for the $159.

My hunter grille guard is a grille guard with brush guards as labeled on the invoice I received. It's optional on the install to include the side brush guards. Also alot of times the tail light bars are referred to as tail light brush guards

Old 10-12-2008, 09:52 PM

so my best bet would be to just get a hunter? i was thinkin of checkin out the local junk yard an see what they got. If i find a guard on a dif. vehicle what mods would i have to do to put it on my blazer?