Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Brush Guard and Grille ? Blazer on Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Beginning Member
lifted4x4jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default Brush Guard and Grille ? Blazer on Jimmy

Hi im looking for a brush guard and grille and only thing i could find in a decent price range is a 1997 blazer kit but it says it wont fit on a 1997 jimmy! I thought they where the same? and if not is there any year model of blazers that would work on a jimmy.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well the brush guard will fit. It bolts to the frame, and they use the exact same frame so there is no reason why they wouldn't fit. As for the grille though what kind of grille were you looking at? just a mesh one or a billet grille? They won't be interchangeable since the grilles were different from a chev/gmc. You could always switch your front end out to a chevy one though. They are interchangeable.
What are you looking at anyway? why don't you post a link up...

Last edited by Sisk; 12-01-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Beginning Member

Its this one right here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK...Q5fAccessories

i found it on jc wintey for 118 shipped! i was sure hopeing it would work. as far as i can tell the jimmy and blazer theres no much difference between the two just the head lights look a little different and the bumper is shaped a little different looking. I like the jimmys style bumper better the the 97 blazer style.

heres the blazer

Brush Guard and Grille ? Blazer on Jimmy-97-blazer.jpg

no heres the jimmy this is what my front looks like

Brush Guard and Grille ? Blazer on Jimmy-jimmy.jpg

Old 12-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Beginning Member

And heres a picture of a jimmy with the bar

Brush Guard and Grille ? Blazer on Jimmy-jimmy-guard.jpg

Old 12-01-2009, 11:58 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah that should fit. Those brush guards bolt right to the frame where your tow hooks are. You will lose your tow hooks but technically you could use the lower part of your brush guard as a tow hook should you get stuck.
The style of the grille shouldn't matter when it comes to brush guards. The frames are the exact same (as are 90% of other parts) between the Jimmy and Blazer. Hell, you could even put a chevy grille on your Jimmy if you wanted. They are directly interchangeable.
Looks like a pretty good deal for 118$ though. I'd say go for it. Can't wait until I get pick up a brush guard too

Old 12-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Beginning Member

are u sure they hook to the tow hooks cause looking at the blazer pic they dont have tow hooks as the the jimmy they do.

My jimmy dosent have them eather theres a spot for them but i dont know if there where taken off or just didnt come with them.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 PM
BF Veteran

Yes. It bolts to where the how hooks are/should be. All brush guards are designed this way. It's the strongest point as its part of the frame.
The tow hooks are bolted right to the front of the frames. Blazers definitely came with tow hooks, as did the Jimmy's. Its possible the previous owner removed yours as did the owner of the Blazer in that particular pic you posted.
The frame's are the same in the Jimmy as the Blazer. That brush guard mounts directly to the frame so therefore it will fit. Remember, the Jimmy is the same as a Blazer and vise versa. All that was different was the name and badge.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Beginning Member

ok great i will go ahead and get them then. I know on jc whitny it called the chevy blazer a s10 blazer and the jimmy was a s15 jimmy and they said it would'nt work but they probly never tried it.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
Remember, the Jimmy is the same as a Blazer and vise versa. All that was different was the name and badge.
<cough hood cough>

Originally Posted by lifted4x4jimmy
ok great i will go ahead and get them then. I know on jc whitny it called the chevy blazer a s10 blazer and the jimmy was a s15 jimmy and they said it would'nt work but they probly never tried it.
Its called a s-10 blazer cause thats what it is. During certain years after GM dropped the K5 name on the fullsize blazers and before they were called just a tahoe they were the chevy blazer. Our blazers are based on the s-series platform so they are s-10 blazers.

FYI If you have a 4x4 technically its a T-10 blazer but its more common to call them all s-10s.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason the blazer in the pic doesn't have tow hooks is because it is a 2wd, 2wd= no hooks 4wd= hooks

Quick Reply: Brush Guard and Grille ? Blazer on Jimmy