Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Brush Guard and Grille ? Blazer on Jimmy (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/brush-guard-grille-blazer-jimmy-37530/)

Sisk 12-01-2009 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by neo71665 (Post 269965)
<cough hood cough>

I know there are some visual differences between the Blazer and the Jimmy lol (the grille, the hood, the badges, the steering wheel etc.). I was just saying the underpinnings (which is what we're worried about when it comes to brush guards) are identical.
And 96chev has a good point about the tow hooks. 2WD trucks never came with tow hooks.

96chevblazer 12-01-2009 07:00 PM

The more I think about 2wd's not having tow hooks the more I think they should lol, They are going to get stuck in the ditch before a 4wd lol

neo71665 12-02-2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 270029)
I know there are some visual differences between the Blazer and the Jimmy lol (the grille, the hood, the badges, the steering wheel etc.). I was just saying the underpinnings (which is what we're worried about when it comes to brush guards) are identical.
And 96chev has a good point about the tow hooks. 2WD trucks never came with tow hooks.

I was just jokin with ya, the hood was the first thing that popped in my head.

lifted4x4jimmy 12-10-2009 01:36 AM

I got the brush guard and grill in today and boy is it going to be fun to install! The jc whinty speical dosent hook to the tow hooks its bolts onto the plastic bumper so i got to figer out where to drill the holes then take the bumper off or pull it out so i can bolt the bolts into it to hold the grill on.

I think i can make it work on the jimmy though i just hope theres some kinda metal bracket behind the bumper so it wont be bolted just to the plastic bumper.

Sisk 12-10-2009 07:54 AM

Bolts to the bumper!? :icon_eek:. That doesn't sound very reliable at all...

FlatTopFoley 12-10-2009 05:33 PM

lol this thing is going back in the box. I knew it must have been too good to be true to find a push bumper/brush guard for that price. As already mentioned, you bolt it to the bumper. I can almost get by that, I know a few other cars that are like that (chevy caprice comes to mind) but the lines of the push bumper dont even come close to lining up with the factory bumper. Its so bad from the looks of it you couldn't even drill the wholes to mount the thing (and I am not crazy about drilling out my bumper) And unless my whole truck is **** up, I couldn't get that thing centered for the life of me. Already contacted customer support at JC Whitney, hopefully this is a painless experience.

nit8690 03-12-2010 08:45 AM

Well i know the jimmys have a different front end...the grill is narrower but taller. i kinda thought about putting a jimmy front end on mine after i hit the deer but with having chevy emblems all over my blazer would make it look weird but gmc is the work truck which i like. if i could just take off all the chevy emblems i would and make it look like it was a gmc blazer see if people notice haha

Sisk 03-12-2010 09:42 AM

Why not just debadge? Problem solved. (except your steering wheel)

nit8690 03-12-2010 11:02 AM

I might someday...i want to rhino line the bottom half of the blazer matching the body line it has just cause it looks good and it has a function to it. it i do that i will probally take off the panel with the blazer emblem on the doors or i might not i have not deicded yet i am thinking about getting better nerf bars then the stock ones mine came with...it also serves as the front mud flaps and they are crap they fell off first winter i drove it cause the snow build up so i drilled and bolted them so they would stay