Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Buckets to bench ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 AM
*Old_School* is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buckets to bench ???

So because i am one of like three people in the world that would rather have a bench than buckets i want to know if i took out my seats and consul and got the equivilents from a same gen s-10 pickup, but with bench instead of bucket, would it fit in my blazer.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Buckets to bench ???

I would say yes, some blazers actually came with a bench front seat, but not many. As for s-10 seats, GM typically uses the same mounting locations for the outboard seat tract of the bucket seats to mount the bench seats, so it should bolt right in with no modifications at all if you get one from the same body style (1st or 2nd generation ). Then just install your old bolts from the inner seat tracks to fill the hole in the floor.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:54 AM
bubba181x1 is an unknown quantity at this point

dude, its alota work. no the brackets are different. also seat belts are different. if you want to move them the bolts are rusty at all its new belt time. plus if you want the third belt they all get bolted to floor. i just put a floor in my blazer new belts the bolts rusted on new carpet the works. old buckets back in. good luck bench seats are hard to find for a s10 blazer. not many. bubba

Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

Sometimes I think I might like to have a bench seat in my Blazer...that way I could fit an extra butt in the front seat. But I don't even have time to WASH my truck, much less make custom brackets and install a different seat!

Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Starting Member
woodsballr is an unknown quantity at this point

well bench seats allow things that bucket seats dont. no no that you gutter minded people. haha if you werent thinking it before ill bet you are now. anyways say you dont want lunch, instead you want a nap, just go lay down 'cross the front seat, take your shoes off, hang your feets out the winder and put your hat over your eyes. voila! nap time!

Old 08-11-2007, 03:20 AM
*Old_School* is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^Well I am an 18 year old guy, so i cant say my mind hadnt gone there, lol. But is it really that difficult? The driver and passanger seat belts are different? And do the receiver ends of our seatbelts go to the floor or the chair its self?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:39 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: lastcoupe

I would say yes, some blazers actually came with a bench front seat, but not many. As for s-10 seats, GM typically uses the same mounting locations for the outboard seat tract of the bucket seats to mount the bench seats, so it should bolt right in with no modifications at all if you get one from the same body style (1st or 2nd generation ). Then just install your old bolts from the inner seat tracks to fill the hole in the floor.
i have never saw a bench seat in a 2nd gen blazer before, or do you just mean the 1st gen blazers?

Old 08-12-2007, 04:24 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'd have to go with a 60/40 seat in my Blazer... possibly with the flip down storage space for the middle...

The reason I'd go 60/40, is because I can NOT fit in my blazer with the back seats folded down... You've gotta move the seats forward for them to come down...

might be possible to fit if I could remove the headrests, but... lol

Old 08-12-2007, 05:26 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

i have never saw a bench seat in a 2nd gen blazer before, or do you just mean the 1st gen blazers?
Yes the second generation blazers were available with a bench seat. Like I said they are very rare, but you could get them (i'm not sure what years, but I have seen a couple). It's kinda one of those very seldome seen options like the AWD that a few of them had.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:35 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

wel that kinda cool i would like to see one. might not be too bad, but i like my buckets with the floor shifter

Quick Reply: Buckets to bench ???