Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

bull bar push bar,grille gaurd, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:08 PM
sparty992 is on a distinguished road

Another question is, do any of you know a way to get 4inches of lift? I don't want to do a body lift tho, would it be cheaper to buy blocks for the rear and then the parts for the front and what would I need for the front? or buy a kit?
Also does anyone know anything about that rampage bar that I had a link to?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:00 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by sparty992
Another question is, do any of you know a way to get 4inches of lift? I don't want to do a body lift tho, would it be cheaper to buy blocks for the rear and then the parts for the front and what would I need for the front? or buy a kit?
Also does anyone know anything about that rampage bar that I had a link to?
As for the brush guard, keep your eyes out at either the junk yard or craigslist. I've seen a few on craigslist in my area pop up for like $50 to $100 in excellent condition for a blazer or s10.

Ok, the 4 inches of lift. There are a few ways to achieve this.

Here is a list of all the lifts offered for our truck

1) T-bar crank 1.5 inch max, 2 inch lift shackles on back or even an add a leaf would work
2) 5 inch suspension lift
3) 6 inch suspension lift
4) 2.5 inch rough country suspension lift(just came our recently)
5) The one you don't want to do (2 inch body lift) I just recently put on a 2 inch body lift on my 96 blazer, I don't have pics yet, but I think it looks great!
6) Sas your vehicle(last option as it is quite a bit of money)

Btw, blocks don't work quite like you think on the blazer. If you were to put blocks in the rear, it would actually lower it because our vehicles have axles on top of the leaf springs.

now if you converted your rear to spring over then you can use lift blocks. But you'd have the problem of what to do up front? That is where the sas comes in mind.

Last edited by tibby; 01-22-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 PM

I think I'm gonna do the rough country

Old 01-22-2012, 11:39 PM

Thanks for the help. but this won't fit will it 1995-1999 Chevrolet Blazer Suspension Lift Kit - Trailmaster CT15

Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Could you explain the 1st way of lift you said? And would it ride level if I did that?

Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Default .

Thanks for the help. but this won't fit will it 1995-1999 Chevrolet Blazer Suspension Lift Kit - Trailmaster CT15
I looked at that kit on another website. The website you brought up, I personally wouldn't buy anything from. Check this site out for specs of that trailmaster kit. 4 wheel parts

And the first option. This option is the cheapest. Go to the diy section of this forum and look for torsion bar cranking. Cranking your t-bars a little is free. But to help level this out, the shackles are what most people put in the back. You would replace your stock shackles in the back with 2 inch lift shackles(or if you wanted a more level ride, go with 1.5 inch lift shackles). Just a few things about cranking the t-bar. If you crank too much, it will make your front end parts wear out faster because cranking adds stress to the front. So most people go safely to about 1.25 to 1.5 inches of cranking without front end parts wearing out like cake in front of a fat kid.

Last edited by tibby; 01-23-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 AM

Thanks. That will help a lot. But I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet

Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 AM

Could I do the shackles or add a leaf spring, and then lift the front in another way? I don't really want the front end parts to wear out faster than normal

Old 01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Default .

Could I do the shackles or add a leaf spring, and then lift the front in another way? I don't really want the front end parts to wear out faster than normal
Unfortunately not, the torsion bar has to be cranked in order to be level with the shackles or add a leaf. But like I said, you can safely go up to 1.5 inches on the t-bar and anything after that and you are risking drastically increasing wear on the front end.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 PM

So cranking the tbars if done to the right level doesn't cause that much of faster ware?

Quick Reply: bull bar push bar,grille gaurd, etc..