Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bumper bolts

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Banned
Duntov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bumper bolts

I know this is a simple question but where can I obtain "Chrome pan head" front bumper bolts for my 1991 S10 Blazer 4D 4WD? I may have to resort to asalvage yard. There are not very many 1991 S10 Blazers in salvage yards.

The Chevrolet dealership parts department cannot locate the correct onesso apparently they have been discontinued. The dealershipproduced an example that would fit but it had a round head and it was not chrome.So I ordered three bumper bolts from JC Whitney that appear to be the correct ones in their on-line catalog , but I have not received them yet. JC Whitney is the only supplier I have found that has any that appearlike the ones I need.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bumper bolts

LMC Truck? (LMCTruck.com) Pg 30 of the S10 & S10 Blazer catalogue has the bolts in question. You could call and make sure that the bolts listed would be chromed.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

Thanks for the referral: I will examine that too.

I think I have found the correct bumper bolts for my1991 S-10 Blazer. The bolts are listed asan head, chromed, 19 MM , 8-1.25 x 25 MM, GM part number14003784. My man at the parts department ordered those bolts after searching for several days.

Looks like I will need to purchase a metric socket.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

Thanks for the referral.

I ordered a 32 piece bumper bolt kit for LMC Truck. Their part # 30-0192. Replacing a couple of missing bolts andtighten the others should eliminate the squeek coming form the bumper.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Stainless steel carriage bolts, get at any hardware store and polish them. I replaced all of the ones in mine a few years ago for under $5 and never have to worry about them rusting, lol.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Banned

I will consider a hardware store SS carriage bolt if the bumper boltsI ordered for LMC Truck do not fit. I realize that carriagebolt is a carriage bolt. However, there are two unique features aboutOEM 1991 Blazer bumper bolts. One, the OEM bumper bolts for a 1991 Blazer were pan head and not round head like hardware store carriage bolts and two, thesquare shoulder behind the carriage bolt head must fit in the square hole of the bumper.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

They fit in the 1993 bumper on my 1987 blazer just fine. If the pan head is that bothersome to you they can be ground down and polished. The factory ones are just steel carriage bolts with a chrome cap crimped over the top of them. The reason why I decided to look for other options is cause the caps on some of mine were starting to pop off and rusty.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

Apparently 1991 S10 Blazer bumper bolts are extremely rare. Probably because people just give up and buy .95 chardware store carriage bolts rather than paying $1.50 of a genuineGM bunper bolt.

If I find any at a salvage yard, I will get all I can carry and offer them for bids on e-baystartingat $25 each including the metric nut. If someone has tried to get those bolts they will know it would save them some money.

I have two Chevrolet dealerships in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex looking for GM p/n 14003784 bumper bolt, 19 MM, chromepan head, 8 -1.125 x 25 MM without any success.

The search continues.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Banned

I found the chrome capped pan head bumper bolts for a 91 S10 Blazer !

The GM Warehouse in Fort Worth Texas has 25 of those bumper bolts. I ordered one bolt to make sure it fits before I order the rest and put them on e-bay for $20 each, including my finder's fee. The boltwill be at the local dealership by noon tomorrow. They cost$4.65 each without a finder's fee.

The reason they were so difficult to find in the computer is the part number has changed three times since 1991. I finally found a local Chevrolet dealership with a parts department counterman with enough brains and initiativetoresearch the part in their computer and found the current part number and where they could be found.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Banned

I feel like I am talking to myself. I wish I had someonetell me all this before I burned $50 worth of gas, about6 hours of my valuable time and $40 orderingincorrect bolts. I can find bumper boltsfor my '63 Pontiac 421 H.O. Catalinaeasier than I can find that damned bumper bolt for a Blazer.

Anyway if anyone is interested, DO NOTuse the part number I previously wrote. I picked up one of those today after paying $4.65for the bolt at a GM dealer parts department and it isa pan head carriage bolt and is the correct sizebut it is a plain "paintable" carriage bolt and does not have the stainless steelcap. The counterman at the Chevy dealership was not as smart as I thought he was OR maybe he is smarter than I am because he really ripped me off and I am sure got abig laugh out of it.

Today I ordered a 24-piece bumper bolt kit from LMC( http://www.LMCTruck.com ) and hopefully the kit contains is the correct bolts, washers and nuts. The description of the bolt kit from LMC says "SS cap" which may indicateit has a polished stainless steelcap. I have purchased parts from LMC before and they are Genuine GM Parts and they come in a sealed GM plastic bag.

Quick Reply: Bumper bolts