Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Which bumper would look best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Wloton: not all, cause some are flat across and some have that hump, but yes there are quite several different kinds

tripleblackblazer: thanks, when I posted this I was actually looking at a different page in LCM. I'd need the end caps correct? (left/right) and could I use the same mounting hard ware I have now, or would I have to get 98 ones?
Yes, you'd need the end caps. I forget which are longer. The bumpers on LMC come with necessary OE style brackets and they are different so I'm going to go ahead and say you'll need 98+ brackets, too (if you go to the junkyard instead of purchasing through LMC).

Old 01-18-2010, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Ah ok thanks. I dn't know about any junk years anywhere near where I live (and that's going into an hour-trip radius around where I live to ...) I could ask my dad tho

Old 01-18-2010, 11:21 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I bid you good luck finding an Xtreme bumper. They are not easy to come by. You can get similar ones on Ebay, but they don't exactly give those away either.

I'm not so sure an xtreme bumper would look right on your blazer either. Who knows, if I remember correctly, your pretty crafty with photoshop. So maybe mess around with that a bit and see what you like?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I am pretty sure all the bumpers are the same... I was looking through, and the only two options for my 98 were chrome or color matched.... They are all the same piece... and then there are just many different valances.... so it goes like this

Option one
Chrome
1.Impact strip
2.No impact strip
then add a valance

Option two
Color
then add a valance...

I believe its like that... As far as I know... you can swap valances with any bumper

Old 01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wlorton
I am pretty sure all the bumpers are the same... I was looking through, and the only two options for my 98 were chrome or color matched.... They are all the same piece... and then there are just many different valances.... so it goes like this

Option one
Chrome
1.Impact strip
2.No impact strip
then add a valance

Option two
Color
then add a valance...

I believe its like that... As far as I know... you can swap valances with any bumper
Ok great. I know there is some kind of valanced that had a different shape in the middle (the zr2 in the header for e.x.)

Originally Posted by RangerG
I bid you good luck finding an Xtreme bumper. They are not easy to come by. You can get similar ones on Ebay, but they don't exactly give those away either.

I'm not so sure an xtreme bumper would look right on your blazer either. Who knows, if I remember correctly, your pretty crafty with photoshop. So maybe mess around with that a bit and see what you like?
Good idea

added another bumper on the homepage

Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure the bumper shape goes by year, not model. The one in the forum banner is a 03+ and they had that style bumper. The 98-02 had my style bumper if I'm not mistaken..

Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran

ah. That kind of bumper is my second choice, cause it's almost exactly like mine but with an embedded licentiate plate area while mine doesn't

Old 01-19-2010, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I hate the license plate holder up front. I know why (because they're required in some places) but I wish it wasn't there lol. A smooth flowing bumper up front would look much better.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
BF Veteran

YES! I know what you mean. But the bumpers with the indented locations for the plates look a little better then the attachments

Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran

Here's a photo edit of the Xtreme bumper. Looks AWESOME (imo) but would it fit without doing any mods? (family car, can't ruin it)

Used this photo. nice truck, same angle as my photo to!

Quick Reply: Which bumper would look best?