Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

carbon fiber mirrors etc?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Deezy Steez is on a distinguished road
Default carbon fiber mirrors etc?

i saw another member who had completely carbon fibered his yukon, it was a little too extreme for me but i thought a couple of the ideas were quite nice. I can pick up a roll of carbon fiber film at a local parts store for around $10. With two rolls i would be able to wrap my mirrors and the pillars on either side of the rear hatch. I think it might be a nice look? anyone had experiance with this and have any sudgestions/?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

real "Carbon Fiber" for $10? or the fake stuff?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 PM

its just a film. looks real but its pretty much just vinyl, id roll it on to the existing plastic

Old 11-07-2009, 07:28 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I tried using film on my computer case. fail. It didn't stick, but your stuff might stick better. And yeah that might look cool

I always wondered why people got carbon fiber trunks and doors. looks bad ... hoods are cool but the rest is like huh? xD

Old 11-07-2009, 11:34 PM

well its a $10 investment and if i dont like it i can always peel it off, i figure its worth a shot anyways

Old 11-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Starting Member
midnightmekanik is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
I tried using film on my computer case. fail. It didn't stick, but your stuff might stick better. And yeah that might look cool

I always wondered why people got carbon fiber trunks and doors. looks bad ... hoods are cool but the rest is like huh? xD
If all that stuff is real carbon fibre, it's function over form. Looks ugly, but is way lighter than metal parts. Also, to add, people with real carbon fibre parts are either hardcore racers (which you probably wouldn't see the car on streets), or people with more money than brains...

Old 11-08-2009, 07:55 AM

yes thats understood but somehow i doubt blazers are the racecar of choice.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deezy Steez
its just a film. looks real but its pretty much just vinyl, id roll it on to the existing plastic
that's what i thought it would be.

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
looks like midnight beat me to the answer Craig. if you've ever felt the weight of any pieces in the factory configuration, and then in CF, you'd see such a major difference, you'd understand why instantly.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Oh ok. Never really thought that was why xD I thought people liked making their cars ugly haha joke I like CF hoods on yellow cars looks cool )