Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Cargo area

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:36 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cargo area

Has anyone ever ripped up there carpet in the back area and put on truck bed liner? IF so pics and instructions would be awesome.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Cargo area

not quite that easy. 4-doors have two massive wiring harness going across the floor. Also the side panels are plastic, so theyre not exactly built for abuse.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:27 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

it was just a idea, i got cardboard laying in the back now, just lookin to get something tougher.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

get a husky liner

Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

I panted my whole floor board in the 2door I had. The carpet is in 2 pieces. Front and back. Wasn't too bad. I used some rustoleum hammered. Worked great and dried quick. I don't think I have any pictures though. I'm sure if you wanted to you could just cover the wires with some sheet metal or a piece of plywood in the back. To take the carpet out, take off all the trim and rear seats. Its pretty easy. I powerwashed my carpet when It was taken out. I'll see if I have any pics.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:52 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Well heres a thought. You could proly find a material or cloth of some sort then lay like seran wrap down under the material. then rhino line the beejebus out of it! I have a buddy who used to sparay that stuff and I tell you IT IS STRONG! I've seen viehicles litteraly held together with spray in bed liner. works great for dampening and stopping bass rattles. Just a though, and a quick one at that, proly would need to be research farther. but I suppose the finishe prodect would be removable and contoured to the back of the rig.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:59 PM
zsmith93 is on a distinguished road

What about diamond plate?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:11 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

What about a new carpet? A decent quality one I mean.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

There was someone who just rhinolined their entire floor...but I'm not awake yet (haven't had my coffee) and can't remember who it was!? lol..

Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

emphasising what Wolfpack said though, the wiring harness runs across the floor in the 4dr. Do you really want to rhino-line over that? If you have any problems with the wiring after you'll have one hell of a time getting to them through the liner, then you have to fix it after. If you do rhino line I'd personally re-route that harness along the side of the truck. You could probably expect cutting/soldering if you do though... Diamond plate would look cool but I can see it scratching up before long.

Quick Reply: Cargo area