Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

CB antenas

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 PM
4x4 cc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CB antenas

Other than the Magnet ones that go on your roof, where do yall mount your CB antenas? Like the fiberglass ones? Pics? Thanks -Austn

Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: CB antenas

No pics, but I mounted mine on the back bumper, two on the corners, they are 44' fiberglass whips.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Mine is a 66' whip on my roof rack. I've read lots of stuff about how the rack is less than optimal for transmission strength, but I've had no problems Mainly I didn't want to drill holes in the body. One other spot I considered was on the driver's side fender opposite the fm antenna. Then the hole would be hidden if you ever took it out.

Here's mine though:

Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my CB installed but still have yet to hook it up to an antenna. But I plan to mount the fiber antenna to the right outter most part of the rear bumper if that makes sense, lol.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

im gonna get a CB eventually i have a crapy part time job and i guess you can say im lost in what "career" i want to do so money is tight but i want to get a whip like wolfpack's but i want to mount it in either the driverside of the back bumper, or in the side on the driverside and strap it to the roof rack because around here theres plenty to hit it on, i always liked the galaxy radios but they are a pretty penny

Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 AM

Thanks Guys. I think Ill go with the setup on the bumper just because I want 2...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:08 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

just remember with a bumper mount, all that antenna that runs the height of the truck is essentially lost. So if you only get a 6-ft whip, and 4.5 of it is crossing the bumper to the roof line, you essentially have a 1.5 ft antenna you're working with..

Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

huh, i never thought about it like that, i might just mount it to my spare tire carrier would that be a good place?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM

My buddy has one on his H3 mounted to his tire carrier and it doesnt even go above the cab and gets fine reception. Whats with that?

Old 07-03-2008, 03:44 PM
BF Veteran

It probably has a good ground. Usually the problem is that a spare tire carrier doesn't have a solid ground (both RF and power).

Read into this:

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/og1/modinfo/cbant.html

Its the s-10 crew cab link about mounting a cb antenna. Links to 2 other pages fully explaining everything.