Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

clipping the front end on a 74 k5

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:37 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough
Default clipping the front end on a 74 k5

so i have seen a couple truck on the web that have the front end narrowed. but i have no idea how to do it. it looks almost like they cut the front of the truck to the radiator supports and then bend the fenders in. looks pretty sweet if you ask me and its a good way to fit bigger tires since they are completely outside the body.

does anybody know any good places to show how to do this?

this is a picture of what it looks like after. it would be sweet to do this at a later date but i would just like to know how to do it or if i need to have somewhere else do it professionally. thanks.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do some searching on Google for "K5 Truggy Build" and you'll get quite a few results.

Takes a lot of work to do it right!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:03 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

If I'm not mistaken, that's called "bobbing" the fenders. Xtreme 4X4 did it with their Toyota truck build. It's sweet when done right, and basically is just cutting stuff out, and rewelding it back together. You'll have to pay attention to what/where you're cutting, where to remount lights, making sure your core support is strong enough, etc.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, if you do that, you'll end up showing A LOT of tire... and the truck will probably not be street legal anymore because of it.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

either way i just thought it looked super awesome. im not sure if i want to do it just yet. seeing as how i mainly want this as a mud truck. im not sure if this would have any advantages in the mudding catagory.