Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

common problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:25 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default common problem?

i tried to lean my driver's seat back last week and the handle just came off in my hand and it broke in a way it can be fixed easily. my buddy has a blazer too and both of his have broke off. and the mirrior covers on our sun visors have aslo broken, only my passenger one has so far but both of his have. is it just our bad luck or does it happen to everybody?

Old 10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: common problem?

I haven't heard about the vanity mirror covers, but the seat adjustment levers have broken on several members' seats. Don't know how they are attached, mine has power seats.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Welcome to my world. I don't have handles on either the drivers or passenger's side. I couldn't find a way to get mine back on withoutJB weld.

My mirror on the drivers side is all but dangleing. I never use it tho.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:07 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

when i bought mine, it wouldnt start when we tried to take it for a test drive because the palstic mirror cover on the passenger side had broken off and the light stayed on and drained the battery. it fell off my drivers sides about a month ago so i took off the mirror and unplugged it so the lights wouldnt stay on

Old 10-14-2007, 11:27 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

My drivers side lever just broke off and it looks impossible to fix (unless you can replace just the handle shaft??). Luckily it is in a good position for me. Also my drivers side mirror has always had one of the mounting posts broken so it is only mounted on 2 posts so it shakes all the time on the highway and is annoying sometimes. I am going to be looking into fixing the recliner handle but not sure when I will get around to that. I did set my eyes on some nice gray leather seats at the junkyard for all around, just have to see how much they want for them.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:28 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

im going to swap my seats out for electric seats they don't break as easily as the strong arm editions do lol

Old 10-15-2007, 06:31 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

My drivers side lever just broke off and it looks impossible to fix (unless you can replace just the handle shaft??).
I used JB weld on the drivers side lever. The shaft broke of pretty much even with the seat and It fixed it.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 AM
BF Veteran

jb weld is a good temp fix but replacing the whole handle would be better i know junkyards don't charge that much for that handle half the time if you go to a pick a part they don't even know what you have in your hand and they charge barely anything lol

Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A much better solution if you don't have the $$ to drop on power seats is to buy the aftermarket problem solver levers. These clamp onto the shaft back further and are made stronger than the stockers.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 AM
BF Veteran

hey swartlkk were do you get those type of levers at cause mine look like there going to go again

Quick Reply: common problem?