Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   cool interior idea (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/cool-interior-idea-37995/)

Sisk 12-14-2009 05:44 PM

I will point out that you will get A LOT of road noise if you decide to use bedliner as a floor treatment. The carpet rerally deadens the sound. So as long as you don't mind the road noise then yes, it's an awesome floor!

ABN31B 12-14-2009 06:04 PM

I will point out that you will get more road noise, BUT not that much more. maybe 50% louder tops... if you UC the bottom of your rig too, you will cut that some.

It is not as bad as rolling with nothing but a light control panel, 4wd switch, driver's seat, and seat belt though... THAT causes a lot of road noise.....

Think of it this way, you will appreciate your stereo a little more, and you can hear problems with your ride 50% better than everyone else... :icon_teeth:

Zeeke98: I think you are right. 2 pieces. i remember cutting mine then dragging a little more out and it was a seperate piece. Good Call

Blazerkid19 12-15-2009 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by ABN31B (Post 275718)
I will point out that you will get more road noise, BUT not that much more. maybe 50% louder tops... if you UC the bottom of your rig too, you will cut that some.

It is not as bad as rolling with nothing but a light control panel, 4wd switch, driver's seat, and seat belt though... THAT causes a lot of road noise.....

Think of it this way, you will appreciate your stereo a little more, and you can hear problems with your ride 50% better than everyone else... :icon_teeth:

Zeeke98: I think you are right. 2 pieces. i remember cutting mine then dragging a little more out and it was a seperate piece. Good Call

got a question for ya, when you pulled the rear carpet, what did you do with the wire strip it the cargo area? i just pulled out the rear carpet and seen that and was like WTF!!! and im just gonna use a grinder to get the rummer mats off, goin tot he bare metal anyway.

ABN31B 12-15-2009 10:11 AM

i used a grinder too :p had plenty of tar goo on the britsles and plenty of tar dust, but it didn't do a very goot job cutting down to metal... gl to you though. they say heat softens it up and cold makes it brittle, choose your poison....

as for the wire pack you can get enough slack out of it to tuck it under the trim panel beside the drivers side rear seat and run it along the trim to the back pillar. you will have to break the plastic chanel it sits in near the bend so it will reach, then just zip tie it to the pillar and replace the trim when the bed liner dries.

the same thing i said in my first post :icon_badrazz:

Blazerkid19 12-29-2009 11:48 PM

so update...
I DID IT!!! AND IT LOOKS AMAZING. ill have pics in my album soon. i just did the rear cargo area. the carpet was 2 seperate pieces which made things alot easier. first off, ABN31B is correct. prep work is very important. it took me 4 hours to finally be able to say, "its ready for paint". i guess i can make a tutorial on what i did for anyone wantin to know.

1. remove the back seats.
2. remove the plastic trim from behind the front doors back.
3. un bolt the little tiedown hooks in the cargo area.
4. pull up carpet
5. the fun part...remove the tar. i used a grinder, a paint scraper, and a hear dryer to get it off. if you heat it up itll come up alot easier. theres a piece on each wheel well, a huge one in the center, one where the gas tube is, and one opposite of it. you dont have to remover them, but itll look much better if you do.
6. mask off bottoms of windows, carpet line, bolt studs, and other stuff.
7. SAND!!!! i used 60 grit and tore down almost to the metal.
8. what i did was spray down 2 coats of rubberized undercoating. that way itll be a little quieter.
9. finally get a can of roll on bed liner (herculiner, duplicolor, etc.) and apply. make sure the doors are open cuz itll smell terrible inside if you dont.
10. sit down, grab beer, get back rub from girlfriend and enjoy your work.

note: i left the tar cover over the gas tube and just sprayed and rolled bedliner over it cuz when you put the plastic back on you cant see it.

Zeeke98 12-30-2009 05:08 PM

Why bother with the bed liner if you put undercoating on first???

Blazerkid19 12-31-2009 02:10 AM

because the undercoating was meant for better insulation and bed liner provided a rougher surface. plug if i get it dirty or spill **** on it i can spray it out with a pressure washer. plus it gave me something to do. :D

Sisk 12-31-2009 05:56 AM

Hmm. Are you sure the undercoating would provide a good bonding surface for the bed liner? Under coating never really hardens that good even though it's really sticky. It's almost like sticking a floating layer of goo under your hard bed liner. I'd be interested to see how this holds up.

Blazerkid19 01-02-2010 02:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
well for anyone whos curious what it looks like, here it is. ill take better pics tomorrow if i can remember