Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Dashboard Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:26 PM
blazer_grl is on a distinguished road
Default Dashboard Help

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone out there has done any resurfacing with their dashboard, and if so, what kind? I still have the original dash and it's still intact, just old, faded and cracked in a couple places.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:49 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly your best bet when it comes to dashes is to get a cover for them reconing them is basically impossible to accomplish filing the cracks takes forever (if you have the right materials) and then if its a vinyl dash with the for lack of a better phrase "leather look" then it will never look right. also depends on the age of your blazer really

Old 10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

to bad you weren't closer to me, and i didn't know you last October, 'cause i threw out 3 complete dashes for that generation of interior. have you tried looking around for a truck to take out the dash? there pretty easy-hell, it's a walk in the park compared to the 2nd gen's.
as for using a cover, IMO, they usually look like an after thought thrown on there to hide something. but that's just me.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

I know they make vinyl dash covers, that look really good. Almost looks like a dealer option. Can even get a bowtie on them.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Starting Member
1baddblazer is on a distinguished road

my buddy has a 84 blazer and i thought he put a new dash in and it wasnt it was a dash cover...Could have fooled me. It looked like it can that way.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer
my buddy has a 84 blazer and i thought he put a new dash in and it wasnt it was a dash cover...Could have fooled me. It looked like it can that way.
really?
you should snap some pic's, and get the info on whose kit it is, for blazer_grl, so she could get her hands on a good one. i've seen a few, and none of them have ever been able to pass for anything but a cheesy cover. not saying they all are, i just haven't seen a good one yet.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:59 PM

^ Yeah, pix would be great...but as of now, after asking friends and possible connections we might end up either getting a new dash altogether, a really nice cover, or both. ugh, i just want to get this done and over with. but i want it to look good too.

it's been too long since i've driven it, been about a month. darn heater core...>_>

Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Gonna fiberglass, smooth and paint my spare dash for mine. I'm also a fan of tweed interiors.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by blazer_grl
^ Yeah, pix would be great...but as of now, after asking friends and possible connections we might end up either getting a new dash altogether, a really nice cover, or both. ugh, i just want to get this done and over with. but i want it to look good too.

it's been too long since i've driven it, been about a month. darn heater core...>_>
but those are so easy on the 1st gen's. even easier if your truck is sans A/C. should only take you an hour.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 AM

Oh no worries. The heater core is all said and done, just have to flush out the system some more. That leak was pretty nasty too...all over the passenger side floor >_>...and it had that nasty clay/putty-type smell. We could tell that someone had put in some stop leak in the system and left it to 'ferment' so to speak. =/

Quick Reply: Dashboard Help