Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Diamond edition sidesteps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about
Default Diamond edition sidesteps?

Anybody running the diamond edition tube steps on a blazer or non diamond Jimmy? I'm referring to the brushed aluminum with black step areas. If so can you post some pics. I found some cheap that I might get opinions are also welcome!

Old 10-10-2012, 10:39 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

If you do any kind of offroading i wouldn't get them. They get hung up on everything. Just a warning

Old 10-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah thats kind of what I figured! My main intent or goal for them is so that when I put the body lift on it will help to hide the frame a bit but mostly so my wife can't yell at me that she can't get in! I don't think its high at all but she says its to hard for her to put the baby in my truck (I think thats a little funny considering she drives a mustang gt convertible and its hell putting the carseat in the back of that thing). They will ultimatley be a temporary thing until I get a new welder and weld up some sliders too.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

They just nerf bars with an aluminum finish. They offer very little offroad protection. Just because of the limited run of the diamond they are hard to find and normally costly when ya do. IMHO I would just go find a cheap set over searching for these.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I'm not expecting any protection from them at all more just to get me by with looks of hiding the frame till I build real sliders and so that the wife can have an extra step to get in. I have already located a set for $100 which is cheaper than the ugly chrome ones they sell aftermarket. I know I could get black ones but even they are more than what I can get these for plus like you said these are more rare. I think I will get them and try them out and then if I decide I don't like them I will sell them and get my money back

Last edited by rexmburns; 10-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:02 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

For that price I'd buy them too.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Thats kinda what I thought too!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Too bad you arnt close to here. There where 2 sets at a local wreckers. I think there $40 a set or less.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Road trip!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

This is the yards I go to:
Kenny U-PULL

There price list is what you pay, seen a early 2000's BMW 8 series get stripped within hours..lol. Also seen some brand new 18-22" rims with rubber off wrecks for under $200.

Quick Reply: Diamond edition sidesteps?