Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Do I paint the grille or no?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about
Default Do I paint the grille or no?

Here is my dilemma... I am going to be bed lining my rockers fender flair things and both bumpers hopefully this weekend as long as it has arrived at my wifes office by the end of the day today. The part I can't figure out is whether or not I should do the grille as well. I hate the chrome and its faded anyway but I'm just not sure how it would look with that much black in the front on a red truck. I feel like it might look good with the fact that I have so much black in other places on my truck. Does anyone have a red truck with a full black front end that could post a pic or know anyone who does? Also please let me know what you think.
Heres a couple pics so you can see the truck its going on.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:11 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Not too many people paint the grille. I think I'm the only one in the 95-97 year to have a black grille. Personally I like it. People have gave me many compliments. I don't have a red truck, but let me know if you want a picture of the black grille with my green truck? I have a few pictures of my black grille before I got a brushguard.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yours was actually one of the ones that I looked at for a long time when I was doing my research on other Blazers with black grilles. I really like the way yours looks alot. That will be the only chrome left if I leave it cause I'm pulling off all of the body molding with the chrome on it. I guess if I do it and really hate it I can just pick up a new grill for cheap.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:01 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You could try Plasti-dip and see if that looks good, and if not you can peel it off.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

I've never actually heard of that before but you can bet I'll be looking into it as soon as I finish this response. Thanks for another great idea this is exactly why I love this forum so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 12:19 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

From a grille painter... DO IT! lol.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

haha I like your style! I think I'm going to but when I just looked at your sig and saw how only part of yours is painted (even though they are differnet models) I realized that I could just have the chrome painted to match my truck color and do the rest of it in black I think that would look pretty clean. Plus I found a blazer near me with the WS6 style hood that I LOVE and I'm going to try to buy it off the guy since the truck doesn't run anyway and I would need to have that painted to match anyway. So fricken many ideas!!!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Starting Member
j89lumaye is on a distinguished road

I have a red blazer too, and i painted mine red on the black parts and painted the chrome flat black. Looks BADASS except for a couple little spots i missed. Sorry i dont have any pics

Old 12-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Starting Member
xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx is an unknown quantity at this point

if you're just looking to get a black grille hop on ebay and find a black OEM grille, much easier and cleaner than painting the thing.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I have a red grill but painted the chrome strip flat black. The brush guard helps it blend in. I'm on my cell right now but I'll post pics when I get home later today.

edit;

Just took a pic

Last edited by mdehoogh; 12-31-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Do I paint the grille or no?