Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

does anyone make a suicide hood kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:21 PM
eastsiderides is an unknown quantity at this point
Default does anyone make a suicide hood kit

I love the "suicide" hood- like a corvette. Does anyone make a kit to change my hood opening for a 95 blazer?

Old 01-12-2008, 09:31 AM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: does anyone make a suicide hood kit

i doubt it.... you can prolly fab one up if you really really wanted to though

Old 01-12-2008, 09:56 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I remember seeing a kit in a Truckin' magazine a while ago, there's no way I'll be able to find it now. Here are a few links to a 1st Gen How-To. Check them out!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I've seen somewhere that there is a year of buick I believe that has hinges that will fit many cars for the suicide look. Not sure if they will fit a blazer, but do a little searching. I remember that from when I had my cavalier browsing on the cavalier forums, someone had done it to thier 94 Z24 cavalier and it looked awesome!! Or you might be able to get some of the corvette hinges off of ebay and modify them to fit a blazer. Not sure if it will work, but you never know.

*EDIT* Here it is. http://www.v6z24.com/registry/green

Old 01-12-2008, 04:22 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Here you go budhttp://store.gaugemagazine.com/index...;Category=1046everything your going to need!!!

Old 01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
IceBerg is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a guy in the club I am in that did it on his s-10. He used a Buick LeSabre hinge setup that he narrowed.

Here is a pic.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u.../brianhood.jpg

Old 01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I was about to say that you could grab stuff off of a LeSabre. My parents foster kid has one and we had a parts car for it. You would want the hinge itself plus the mounts in front of the windsheild that the hood goes into.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:07 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I knew it was some kind of buick, I just didn't remember which one it was. I guess I have a better memory than I thought