Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Does xtreme ground effects fit a LS 2 door

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 07:58 PM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

The fronts use a ZR2 style of fender. I would assume that you'd use those if you want ZR2 flares up front. If not I have no idea how you'd attach them. I checked and I do have the set. The fronts are a bolt on fit for the front fender if they are ZR2 fenders. You'll have to get inventive for the rears and the fronts for that matter if you don't use the ZR2 specific fenders.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:10 AM
WrenchDog is on a distinguished road

I just ordered a package from ebay, salvaged Blazer extreme rear bumper, all four fender flares, rocker panels and metal brackets and the center console and shifter for a few hundred dollars. I'll keep you all updated.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:37 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a good deal. Will be keeping an eye out for your update.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:00 PM
WrenchDog is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments.
I'm new to the forum and not familiar with the etiquette here, you all seem like pretty cool folks. I don't know if I should request a mod to retitle this thread, (my restoration) or if it's good if I go ahead and throw a few more random topics in here? Just kind of thinking out loud and sharing details of the Blazer.

I've only driven the Blazer a few times, went to my cusions garage and had him look it over, he threw on some wiper blades, some kind of vacume pump deal and a hose clamp and said, "go drive it and see how it does." That was Saturday. Yesterday I didnnt drive it, I spent the day sanding down the thick plastic trim around the back windows, that stuff was all bubled up like it had severe sun damage, don't really know what caused it, I'll fix it though, I'm planning to paint them with bedliner, and the flares and rocker panels with the bed liner and the top of the blazer is messed up so I'll bed liner it too.

I'm hearing a creak pop from the front floorboard, I'll find out soon but I think it's ball joints. Should not be no big deal.

Heare is a funny one, when I first got in it, I thought, 'whoever had this before me had some serious body oder'. It looks great inside but man does it stink. Last night it rained here. This morning I went out to run some errans and got in the Blazer to find a huge water puddle in the passenger floorboard, so I've found the source of the smell, it's rotten carped smothered in mold. So I'm going to have to get me some new carpet for the front and figure out where the leak is coming from. Are these vehicles know for this? The weather stripping looks good. I might have to get in the thing and have someone hit it with a water hose and see if I can figure out how the water is getting in.

I'll get you all some photos of what the outside of this vehicles loks like now, and I'll do some after photos too when I get done.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:46 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I would start a separate build thread in the build section for all the little odds and ends you do to your blazer. We like to try and keep threads topic related. We also like to help out as much and when we can.

I have some bubbles arou d my windows too, I think it's just from water soaking in and swelling/rotting the inside of them. And for the leaks, there is a good number of blazers/Jimmy's that leak in that area, my mother has a 2000 jimmy that leaks in the same are, where as my 99 blazer hasnt