Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

dome light

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:21 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dome light

ok so i have a 2000 chevy blazer and i cant seem to figure out how to take the dome light surround out since i wanted to replace the bulb with a blue LED.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 04, and there is a little slot in the front of the cover. It takes a flat blade screwdriver, and it's in tight, but I got mine off without any real trouble.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:07 PM

thnx i figured it out 5 mins after posting this thread i felt like an idiot for posting the thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:09 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

What size bulb are the middle and rear dome lights? I was wondering that since I just switched my map lights to blue. I'd like to carry the blue theme into the back...I know the trunk one is a tube like bulb..

Old 10-24-2009, 09:53 AM

the front is thew same type and i think you can gt away with a 40 mm bulb

Old 10-24-2009, 10:06 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

So you're saying it's a 194? Same as the map lights?

Old 10-24-2009, 10:22 AM

no they are football shaped 40mil wid bulbs

Old 10-24-2009, 10:23 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
no they are football shaped 40mil wid bulbs
Thanks...that's what I needed. Did you get yours switched yet?

Old 10-24-2009, 10:28 AM

i put a bulb in my front one turns out the damn blue bulbs you can get at autozone dont stay blue very long

Old 10-24-2009, 10:46 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
i put a bulb in my front one turns out the damn blue bulbs you can get at autozone dont stay blue very long
lol...that's why I stick with LEDs. You can be sure they will stay blue for the duration of their life

Quick Reply: dome light