Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Drip Wetherstrip fun

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:03 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Part # 29-7662 is what was on my receipt.
I was able to locate it on page #25 in the LMC catalog (online). Truck Parts and Truck Accessories
It does appear to be the same as the crew cab s10, which makes sense since they both are 4 doors. Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Hope that is less confusing!

Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Part # 29-7662 is what was on my receipt.
I was able to locate it on page #25 in the LMC catalog (online). Truck Parts and Truck Accessories
It does appear to be the same as the crew cab s10, which makes sense since they both are 4 doors. Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Hope that is less confusing!
Thanks, I came to same conclusion and went ahead and ordered the 29-7662 earlier this morning. Was your old one sticky? Mine has been sticking enough to hear a pop when you open the door. I worry about if it will get damaged when it gets cold outside and things really get stuck together. Never seen anything like that before. Or is the glue coming from the windshield mounting? Maybe my glue is the old double sided tape, decomposed?

p.s. just went through Council Bluffs a couple weeks ago. Visiting my kids in Omaha and Lincoln. I grew up on the farm outside of Modale just North of Missouri Valley. Small world.

Last edited by LesMyer; 09-18-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:48 PM

My old one was not sticky... That was the problem. It just wouldn't stick!
It could be some of that weatherstrip adhesive. Maybe got too hot and moved it's way onto the actual rubber weatherstrip...? Not sure.

Grew up mostly in Central Iowa, but I actually graduated from West Harrison High School, just north of Modale. What a very small world, indeed!

Old 09-19-2018, 05:38 AM

It could be some of that weatherstrip adhesive. Maybe got too hot and moved it's way onto the actual rubber weatherstrip...? Not sure.
Grew up mostly in Central Iowa, but I actually graduated from West Harrison High School, just north of Modale. What a very small world, indeed!
yep, same small town Iowa high school i went to. In Mondamin.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:29 PM

Got my weatherstrip from LMC. Turns out the one that has a flap sticking on the door pillar is the reveal molding for the windshield - actually stuck and pulled a hole in it. But too pricey for me. Guess I'll just clean it up, try to make it stop sticking, and call it good enough (until I get to the junkyard next time)..

Old 09-27-2018, 04:21 PM

At least you found the problem. So thats a plus!

Side note, a guy I work with grew up in Missouri Valley. Says he used to call everyone north of them in the county "goat ropers"...

Old 09-28-2018, 07:48 AM

At least you found the problem. So thats a plus!

Side note, a guy I work with grew up in Missouri Valley. Says he used to call everyone north of them in the county "goat ropers"...
I feel silly buying the wrong weatherstrip.

Seems like a regional slang. I've heard the term "goat roper" before in general in the area.

We from the North always called the town Misery Valley! Used to be a very good place to get stuck for 45 minutes at a train crossing on Hy. 30, a trans-US Federal Highway! Last time I was back I saw they finally figured out you can actually drive over the train if you build the road that way.

Last edited by LesMyer; 09-28-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:02 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I'm dragging up an older thread but I just finished installing a passenger door lower hinge pin and noticed that the drip watherstrip is toast. As always, I search this website for help and found your thread. Searching the LMC site I find two different part #'s : 29-7660 and 29-7662. Mine is a 2000 LT 4 door model and the weatherstrip is one piece that starts at the side view mirror and runs to the back of the back door (one piece). Do I understand you correctly that it's the 7662 ? I'm going to do both sides while I'm at it so I assume the same part # does both sides.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:15 PM

Yeah, it should work for both sides.

At the curve by the front door, I ended up using some black Weatherstrip adhesive for a complete seal.

Make sure to clean the metal the best you can.

Good luck, Golfadd1ct. Let us know how it goes.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:09 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, it should work for both sides.

At the curve by the front door, I ended up using some black Weatherstrip adhesive for a complete seal.

Make sure to clean the metal the best you can.

Good luck, Golfadd1ct. Let us know how it goes.
I received the drip, and door, weatherstrip today from LMC. It's the right stuff. You talked about using black weatherstrip adhesive. I have some Permatex black adhesive silicone. How big of a bead did you apply?

Quick Reply: Drip Wetherstrip fun