Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Dupi color kevlar bed armor

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 03:05 PM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road
Default Dupi color kevlar bed armor

Hey guys has anyone on here ever used this stuff? How does it stand up? And does it fade out? Thanks

Old 02-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

It's holds up ok but fades very fast and I always seem to have issues getting it to come out smooth and even from every can I have ever bought. What do you plan to use it for?

Old 02-08-2014, 05:05 PM

I want to do my rockers, fender flares, and bumpers.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:06 PM

Does any one know if 1 gallon is enough? I have a 2 door jim

Old 02-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I used Monstaliner for mine and 1 gallon was plenty. Monstaliner won't fade or be rough and scratch you like the duplicilor stuff will.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:35 PM

alright thanks for the advice i think ill do the monsta ts a little more and i gotta get it shipped here but i dont want the side of my jimmy to look like s*** after a short period of time

Old 02-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Buy it on eBay they sell it with free shipping on eBay. I recommend it to everyone. Check out my build thread for pics of it if you want some detailed shots of the texture and such. The other plus is that it comes with just about everything you need for a quality application right down to the scuff pads. Only additional thing you need is some acetone or the like and scrap rags.

Last edited by rexmburns; 02-08-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:17 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I used the dupli color on the bumpers of the jimmy, its still holding up VERY well, and have not noticed any color change, but then again, the bumpers really do not see much sun on a first gen. But, its good stuff.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:27 AM
CPLSeraphim is on a distinguished road

Using Monstaliner, make sure you do a ****-ton of prepwork. I missed some spot working with it on my old 91 Wrangler, around the door hinges, then they needed slight adjustment, and it peeled a strip right off.

I personally decided on the truck coating bedliner stuff they sell at walmart for under $50 for a gallon. I used that on an 88 Cherokee I had. Cleaned a bit, scuffed a bit. Kinda lax on the prepwork, but did a real good alcohol clean after, and that stuff stuck and was not coming off, and it looked real solid too.

Not knocking monstaliner at all, but just saying that its a lot more like painting a vehicle IMHO then bedlining parts.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CPLSeraphim
Using Monstaliner, make sure you do a ****-ton of prepwork. I missed some spot working with it on my old 91 Wrangler, around the door hinges, then they needed slight adjustment, and it peeled a strip right off.

I personally decided on the truck coating bedliner stuff they sell at walmart for under $50 for a gallon. I used that on an 88 Cherokee I had. Cleaned a bit, scuffed a bit. Kinda lax on the prepwork, but did a real good alcohol clean after, and that stuff stuck and was not coming off, and it looked real solid too.

Not knocking monstaliner at all, but just saying that its a lot more like painting a vehicle IMHO then bedlining parts.
Not knocking you at all but as far as I'm concerned any time you half a** something you are going to end up with half a** results. I spent more time on prep work doing it right than applying the actual Monstaliner and mine is still holding perfect a couple years later and I abuse it with rocks limbs and mud usually a couple times a week!!

Quick Reply: Dupi color kevlar bed armor