Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Dynamating Doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dynamating Doors

I'm about to fix the rattlings coming from the doors. I'm going to put daynamat behind both doors and putting new door clips that clip into the door and hold the panel. Has anyone ever tried dynamating the doors? and did it work if anyone has done this. I've got everything in the rear soundproffed and no rattling comes from anywhere behind the front two seats at least, just got to get them stupid doors under control. haha. Thanks in advanced

Old 12-30-2009, 06:32 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I never thought to use something like dynamatting. Good idea! Let us know how it turns out. I'm curious if that would be an easy fix for the dreaded (and very common) door rattle problems on just about every Blazer on the road.
dynamatting is fairly expensive, but it might be worth it to fix the damn rattle! lol.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Starting Member
Default sisk

yah haha I knew I wasn't the only one with the problem. I honestly think the noise rattling from the doors is the most annoying thing ever when off roading. I found some called fatmat on ebay and its way cheaper and it is almost identical. I plan on purchasing some tomorrow as well as purchsing the clips that hold the doors in and I will definitely post pictures and let everyone know how it goes

Last edited by speterson1011; 12-30-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

My old blazer had all 4 doors, rear hatch and quarters dynamatted. Cut out alot of the rattle and road noise. If you have any bass the rear pillers next to the hatch rattle like a bitch. due to the wiring banging around in there. I fixed that by stuffing a few pieces of foam in there to stop the rattle. Also if you have the overhead console. The compartment doors rattle alot. Fix to that is some velcro between the top and compartment door. This way the velcro holds the door snug and eliminates the rattle.

Attached Thumbnails Dynamating Doors-compartment.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Starting Member
Default Rear

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
My old blazer had all 4 doors, rear hatch and quarters dynamatted. Cut out alot of the rattle and road noise. If you have any bass the rear pillers next to the hatch rattle like a bitch. due to the wiring banging around in there. I fixed that by stuffing a few pieces of foam in there to stop the rattle. Also if you have the overhead console. The compartment doors rattle alot. Fix to that is some velcro between the top and compartment door. This way the velcro holds the door snug and eliminates the rattle.
yah I have the back soundproofed really good. On some of the cracks where the plastic meets another panel I actually put Clear rubber silicone and worked really well. Then I put some 2" thick sound proofing foam from my recording studio in there and it worked awesome. The foam is too thick for the doors thats why I need to get the fatmat or daynamat. thanks for the advice