Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Euro Headlights

Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Beginning Member
rocktheguitarist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Euro Headlights

Hey guys can you tell me if these will fit in an 01 and are legal? do they change the light at all?
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...=65%3A3|39%3A1

Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i take it you didnt read the ad? on the very top of the page and at various spots throughout the ad it says what years the lights will fit. yes they are legal and they wont change the light at all.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't post the same question across multiple forums and in other people's threads. This answer is sufficient, no need to spread the exact same question around.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Beginning Member
rocktheguitarist is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i did read the ad, the reason i was asking was because i was reading the "ebay projector" thread, and it said something about different bulb sizes (9006 for both instead of 9005 for high or something like that), and i didnt know if that applied to all headlights, or just halos, so i thought i'd ask.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Beginning Member
elgringo is on a distinguished road

the headlights in the link are nothing "european". as i have experience in the european vehicles and nothing i have ever worked on or seen has ever had that garbage put on it.

are your headlights smashed to bits and pieces? because if their not broken, why fix them?

Old 08-26-2009, 03:58 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by elgringo
the headlights in the link are nothing "european". as i have experience in the european vehicles and nothing i have ever worked on or seen has ever had that garbage put on it.

are your headlights smashed to bits and pieces? because if their not broken, why fix them?
Maybe he wants to create his own look to his truck, one mans garbage is another mans gold.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Beginning Member
elgringo is on a distinguished road

i understand the meaning "to each there own"

but its NOT european by any means. Its a wana be smoked hella setup. My bmw e30 has legit smoked hella's, and they cost 500$. you dont see anything like a reflector at all, AND its fully functional.

it just gets me all aggravated because people call it european and its not.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by elgringo
i understand the meaning "to each there own"

but its NOT european by any means. Its a wana be smoked hella setup. My bmw e30 has legit smoked hella's, and they cost 500$. you dont see anything like a reflector at all, AND its fully functional.

it just gets me all aggravated because people call it european and its not.
I don't think the OP is concerned that they're not european... I think he's more concerned that they'll give his truck a different look. Not everyone has 500 bucks to throw at a set of headlights, but obviously if you have a BMW, then you can afford the lights, just like if you own a HUMMER, you can afford the gas for it lol

ANYWAY... A good thing about that set, looking at the signal lights it looks as though you'll be able to keep your foglights, which IMO is a plus.

Oh, for the record, they're called EURO style lights, not because they are european, but because they're made to resemble the styling.

Last edited by oktain; 08-26-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I question them being legal since I didn't see a DOT number anywhere on that site. Chancres are if you run them aimed properly You will never have a problem. My H4s do not have a DOT number and I'm running all clears in my front (supposed to have an amber reflector somewhere and this does not include amber bulb reflection). Been this way for 3 years now and never had a problem but it depends on your area. If you have regular inspections you might wanna swap out to the factory lens for that then swap back out.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'd suggest checking the laws in your state. They vary from state to state, so there's no saying whats legal for one person will be for you..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Euro Headlights