Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

fender flares?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road
Default fender flares?

I was looking at changing out my fender flares as I'm not a big fan of the chrome and they don't look very nice I was wondering where I could get some that looked like the ones in the picture.

Or do you think it would be better to run without fender flares.

Attached Thumbnails fender flares?-blazer8.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently acquired a full set of those from a local junkyard for $20 (not yet installed...not enough time in a day lately to get anything accomplished) I'd suggest checking into the same thing in your area.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the information do you know if they would fit in the same drilled holes as the chrome ones that are currently on the car?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:19 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Thats a good place to start. And if you don't have any luck try LMC Truck. They have ALL replacement parts for these vehicles! But get out your wallet, cuz they are expensive.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:32 PM

actually lmc is missing quite a bit for 1st gens it is usually the first place I check but during my build thread there was many a time lmc had no listing at all for things I needed. As for the chrome fender trim question honestly I don't know like I said I have not had time to mess with them at all yet but if not meh it's nothing some self tapping screws couldn't fix (plan to back mine with rubber in hopes of keeping water from sitting behind them and causing rust down the road I didn't just put new fenders on last year to get lazy now)

Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough
Old 04-20-2010, 09:48 PM

Not the same thing he is talking about if I understand him correctly, that link is for just plain jane arch molding I understood it to be the factory 4x4 flares used on 1st gens (Which I do not see anywhere on lmc) The ones I refer to actually stick out an inch or so (haven't measured them yet to be precise) and please do not get those retarded flexy flares from lmc if I see one more 1st gen with those at yankee lake this year I'm gonna have to go ballistic on someone, those look more jc whitney than lmc. (do not misunderstand me LMC is a fantastic resource but for us 1st gen folk there are just some key things they lack and a couple that are just full of fail like those flexy flares BUT on the whole LMC is a lifesaver)

Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I got mine from LMC for $100 but I am not sure if they have them for 1st gens...

Old 04-21-2010, 09:44 PM

So they are off the 4x4?
and yeah I don't want something that is going to stick out much when I'm wanting to lower the car someday that would look retarded lol.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM

If its just the black version of your current chrome arch molding you want then the link Zedartwo posted above is exactly what you want and I misunderstood what you meant, I thought you wanted the ones that stuck out which is what I just got for mine and in that case they should match your holes from the chrome ones since they are the same thing just different color. However be prepared for some holes to not line up perfectly, I have heard stories of some folks getting items from LMC that were not exact match to factory holes but personally I have never had any such issue with LMC items everything has always fit perfectly and I have been very happy with what I got from them.

Quick Reply: fender flares?